    What is the best way to start this?

    I need to learn dotnet vb.net, asp.net then crm.

    Regards.

    rg, Nov 7, 2006

  2. rg

    RobinS Guest

    I'd check out Tim Patrick's new book --
    Start-to-Finish Visual Basic 2005 -- that comes out 11/15.
    From what I understand, you get to learn VB2005 and write
    a whole application, not just lots of little ones. I think
    it has web stuff in it, too. I noticed it on amazon, and am
    looking forward to it coming out.

    Good luck.
    Robin S

    RobinS, Nov 8, 2006

  3. rg

    Scott M. Guest

    Check out http://ASP.NET as well as the Quickstart Tutorials provided with
    the .NET SDK.

    Most importantly, if your coming to ASP.NET with a background in VB6 and /
    or classic ASP, you should not approach ASP.NET with any pre-conceived ideas
    about how to get stuff done. VB.NET and ASP.NET are completely different
    beasts than VB6 & Classic ASP.

    Scott M., Nov 20, 2006
  4. rg

    RobinS Guest

    Do you have any other books you recommend for ASP.Net? I want to
    learn that, but don't know anything other than basic HTML. I know
    VB.Net, and want to learn ASP.Net, but there are a lot of books to
    choose from. A recommendation or two would be helpful.

    Since I haven't done any ASP.Net, I have preconceived notions.
    Isn't that keen?

    Thanks,
    Robin S.
    -----------------------------

    RobinS, Nov 21, 2006
  5. rg

    Scott M. Guest

    I really like "Programming Visual Basic .NET" by Francesco Balena (published
    by MS Press).

    The book is an excellent way to get into many aspects of .NET including
    ASP.NET.

    Scott M., Nov 21, 2006
  6. rg

    RobinS Guest

    Okay, that's really entertaining. My favorite book is
    "Programming Visual Basic 2005: The Language" by
    Mr. Balena. Mine doesn't really has ASP.Net
    specific info, though -- it's just about the
    VB language.

    Is the book to which you refer the prior
    version? Does it have a lot lf ASP.Net-specifics
    in it, or is it primarily about the VB.Net language?

    Great minds think alike,
    Robin S.
    --------------------------

    RobinS, Nov 22, 2006
  7. rg

    Scott M. Guest

    I am referring to the edition about the 1.1 Framework and VS .NET 2003.

    The book is nearly 1400 pages, 227 of which (part IV of the book) is on
    Internet Applications.

    I realize this may not work for you if you are using 2005 and the 2.0
    Framework, but I haven't started with that yet, so I can't really offer a
    suggestion on that.

    Scott M., Nov 22, 2006
  8. rg

    RobinS Guest

    Okay. Thanks for the info! Have a good day.
    Robin S.

    RobinS, Nov 22, 2006