VBA to Ruby code translate

chen li

Hi all,

I know I post this question a while ago in Ruby-forum
but I haven't figure out the solution yet. I hope
someone from Ruby-talk can help me out to translate
VBA code into ruby code.

Thanks,

Li

In my ruby script I include these on the top

require 'win32ole'
module Excel_Const
end

excel=WIN32OLE.new('Excel.Application')
WIN32OLE.const_load(excel, Excel_Const)

I already create a worksheet object and a chart object
and draw a graph. Also I translate all excel constants

into Excel_Const::Xxx format
Then I want to add some errorbars, which have the
following VBA code :

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").IncrementLeft -133.5
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").IncrementTop 9#
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar
Direction:=xlY, Include:=xlBoth, _
Type:=xlCustom, Amount:="=Sheet1!R5C2:R5C6",
MinusValues:= _
"=Sheet1!R5C2:R5C6"
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).ErrorBar
Direction:=xlY, Include:=xlBoth, _
Type:=xlCustom, Amount:="=Sheet1!R6C2:R6C6",
MinusValues:= _
"=Sheet1!R6C2:R6C6"

Have a burning question?

Li Chen

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar
Direction:=xlY, Include:=xlBoth, _
Type:=xlCustom, Amount:="=Sheet1!R5C2:R5C6",
MinusValues:= _
"=Sheet1!R5C2:R5C6"

Hi all,

I just figure out how to translate the above VBA code into Ruby code:
changes some of them into a hash in Ruby

activeChart.SeriesCollection(1).Select
activeChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar(
'Direction' => ExcelConst::XlY,
'Include'=>ExcelConst::XlBoth,
'Type'=>ExcelConst::XlCustom,
)