vbc is not valid command

CT

Are you opening a standard Command Prompt as opposed to the Visual Studio
..NET Command Prompt? The latter has the correct path to the command-line
utilities including vbc.exe, whereas the former doesn't be default.

CT

Ah, that explains it. The Command Window in command mode is used to execute
IDE related commands, such as File.OpenFile. If you want to go down that
route, you can type in the following command: Build.BuildSolution. However,
you can't specify parameters then, these will have to be set in the Project
Property Pages or Solution Property Pages dialog boxes.

Rambabu.V

Hi All,
I am trying to pass server controls from one page to another
page.How I am trying this is by writing two classes in the two pages.
The class1 defined in first page has to pass into the second page.
I am using the command line compiler to get a common dll of the two pages.
The command is
vbc /out:bin\appname.dll /r:system.dll /r:system.web.dll
/t:webformpage1.aspx.vb webformpage2.aspx.vb
I am getting the error vbc is not a valid command.
Hou can i solve it?
Where was my mistake..

Rambabu.V

Nope ,
I am doing that from the command prompt in th e view menu of
Visual Studio.net

Rambabu.V

Ok Thanks for ur response.Can you suggest any method to combine the two
different classes of 2 webform pages into a single dll.

CT

You'll need to use the command-line compiler then. Perhaps even create a
batch file to make it easy on yourself. Have you tried running the vbc.exe
command from a Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt?