vbc is not valid command

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CT, Oct 30, 2004.

  1. CT

    CT Guest

    Are you opening a standard Command Prompt as opposed to the Visual Studio
    ..NET Command Prompt? The latter has the correct path to the command-line
    utilities including vbc.exe, whereas the former doesn't be default.

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF

    CT, Oct 30, 2004

  2. CT

    CT Guest

    Ah, that explains it. The Command Window in command mode is used to execute
    IDE related commands, such as File.OpenFile. If you want to go down that
    route, you can type in the following command: Build.BuildSolution. However,
    you can't specify parameters then, these will have to be set in the Project
    Property Pages or Solution Property Pages dialog boxes.

    CT, Oct 30, 2004

  3. CT

    Rambabu.V Guest

    Rambabu.V, Oct 30, 2004
  4. CT

    Rambabu.V Guest

    Rambabu.V, Oct 31, 2004
  5. CT

    Rambabu.V Guest

    Ok Thanks for ur response.Can you suggest any method to combine the two
    different classes of 2 webform pages into a single dll.

    Rambabu.V, Oct 31, 2004
  6. CT

    CT Guest

    You'll need to use the command-line compiler then. Perhaps even create a
    batch file to make it easy on yourself. Have you tried running the vbc.exe
    command from a Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt?

    CT, Oct 31, 2004