VBS Constants

Guinness Mann

I realize that this isn't a VBS newsgroup, but it's the only Microsoft
newsgroup I read regularly so I hope that you'll be gentle with me.

Where is the constant "vbCrLf" defined? My computer has been searching
its hard drive for about three hours, now, looking for a definition and
it still hasn't found anything.

The reason I'd like to find vbCrLf is because I wonder what else is in
there. Is there a vbTab? vbBackspace?

Thanks,

-- Rick

Dave Anderson

Guinness Mann said:
I realize that this isn't a VBS newsgroup, but it's the only Microsoft
newsgroup I read regularly so I hope that you'll be gentle with me.

Where is the constant "vbCrLf" defined? My computer has been searching
its hard drive for about three hours, now, looking for a definition and
it still hasn't found anything.

The reason I'd like to find vbCrLf is because I wonder what else is in
there. Is there a vbTab? vbBackspace?

Combine these two:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/vsconString.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/vsgrpVBSFeatures.asp

FWIW, the only VBScript feature I have never been able to find in the
scripting reference is the escape sequence for quotes: """". And combined
with the second link above, you should be able to say the same about VBA.

--
Dave Anderson

Ken Schaefer

You can download the entire Windows Script Documentation (intrinsic objects,
VBScript, JScript, WScript) from here, in HTML Help format:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...48-207D-4BE1-8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en

If you switch to index view, and then scroll down to vb... you'll see all
the constants listed.

Cheers
Ken

: