VBscript response redirection

Lam

I try to use
qs = Server.URLEncode(Request.Querystring)
session("fromURL") = request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")&
Server.HTMLEncode(qs)
on the login page

then on the next page
I use response.redirect session("fromURL")

the following extra characters got appended at the end of the URL
"auto%3Dtrue"

Does any one know what's wrong?

Thanks a lot

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Well, I don't know why you're getting auto%3Dtrue, but may I suggest you
forget about the querystring and just use http_referer, since that will
include the querystring as it is?

Ray at work

Lam

yes
that would work
but is there anyway that I can let the page stay for few second before
redirect to orginal page?
I don't see there is any parameter that I use with response.redirect
thanks

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What do you mean, something like, "You will be redirected in five seconds?"

In that case, you'd have to use client side redirecting, such as a meta
refresh or a Javascript location.href or location.replace.

Ray at work

Lam

meta refresh works
thanks