VC++6 missing storage-class or type specifiers

Tobias

Hallo, I have a strange problem here:
I a VC++6 project that compiles without any errors. If i now include a
certain header file from my project into a header file of a certain
dialog class i get several compiler errors (missing storage-class or
type specifiers) in the mentioned header file and in a header file of
another dialog header file in my project. I don't expect a solution
from you but can anyone give me a hint how i can find the problem.
Thanks in advance
Tobias

John Harrison

Tobias said:
Hallo, I have a strange problem here:
I a VC++6 project that compiles without any errors. If i now include a
certain header file from my project into a header file of a certain
dialog class i get several compiler errors (missing storage-class or
type specifiers) in the mentioned header file and in a header file of
another dialog header file in my project. I don't expect a solution
from you but can anyone give me a hint how i can find the problem.
Thanks in advance
Tobias

Sounds like macro problems. Is your header file defining any macros or (not
an easy question to answer) including any other header files, including
system headers, which define macros.

Look at the code where the error occurs, look for likely tokens that might
have been defined as macros. Search through your header files and the system
header files for definitions of those tokens as macros.

If all else fails find the compiler option that outputs the pre-processed
source (i.e. after macros have been substituted) and examine that.

john

Ron Natalie

Tobias said:
Hallo, I have a strange problem here:
I a VC++6 project that compiles without any errors. If i now include a
certain header file from my project into a header file of a certain
dialog class i get several compiler errors (missing storage-class or
type specifiers) in the mentioned header file and in a header file of
another dialog header file in my project. I don't expect a solution
from you but can anyone give me a hint how i can find the problem.

Check to see that the header file isn't missing a semicolon at the end
of it's last declaration or some similar syntactic problem.

puppet_sock

Hallo, I have a strange problem here:
I a VC++6 project that compiles without any errors. If i now include a
certain header file from my project into a header file of a certain
dialog class i get several compiler errors (missing storage-class or
type specifiers) in the mentioned header file and in a header file of
another dialog header file in my project. I don't expect a solution
from you but can anyone give me a hint how i can find the problem.

One thought occurs. There may be "missing storage-class or type
specifiers" in the header file.

Anyway, you've probably got something along the lines of a missing
or extra bracket, semicolon, or some such.

Try compiling a test project that includes the header file with
the very minimal extra stuff you need.
Socks