    4). COM and .NET any ideas ?

    Regards
    Tarun

    Tarundeep Singh Kalra, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Hi!

    1) No, MFC is here and so is ATL. Infact, they have been enhanced in the
    current versions of VS (7 and 7.1). The reason there is no "extra" stuff on
    them is because they remain the same, more or less. However, refer to
    Richard Grimes book on Managed Extensions for C++. That should help you out.

    2) Yes, there is no exam for Managed Extensions for C++. But VC++ 6 exams
    are there. You can take them!

    3) Refer to point 1 above.

    4) COM is still there; although not part of the Framework. .NET does allow
    you, however, to interoperate between COM and .NET. Check this URI:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/08/Interop/Interop.asp

    --
    Regards,
    Kumar Gaurav Khanna

    Gaurav Khanna [C#/.NET MVP], Jan 23, 2004