    and popup menus. Also some options are not available for all controlls
    like ownerdraw or customdraw. Thanks for advices.

    Ufit
    Ufit, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Ufit wrote:
    > Is there any free resource editor with full visual support
    > for creating dialogs and controlls? I came across a particular problem
    > when creating menu - it is impossible to assign IDs to popup items
    > and popup menus. Also some options are not available for all controlls
    > like ownerdraw or customdraw. Thanks for advices.

    HTH,
    - J.
    Jacek Dziedzic, Nov 27, 2005

  3. Ufit

    John Carson Guest

    "Ufit" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any free resource editor with full visual support
    > for creating dialogs and controlls? I came across a particular problem
    > when creating menu - it is impossible to assign IDs to popup items
    > and popup menus. Also some options are not available for all controlls
    > like ownerdraw or customdraw. Thanks for advices.
    >
    > Ufit

    This is Windows specific and off-topic here. A better place would be

    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

    For questions on VC++, you can also try:

    microsoft.public.vc.ide_general
    microsoft.public.vc.language

    Also

    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui

    for user interface stuff.

    Since you are here, I will say that you won't get a resource editor that is
    free and better than the one that comes with VC++. Further, you can't assign
    IDs to popup items and popup menus because you are meant to use menu handles
    instead (and, in some cases, to refer to menu items by index rather than by
    ID). As for ownerdraw and customdraw, not all controls can be ownerdrawn,
    and customdraw is never a property that you set. Instead, customdraw is a
    feature that is intrinsically part of some controls whether you want it or
    not, and is implemented through a series of messages sent to a control's
    owner that you can process or not process as you see fit.

    --
    John Carson
    John Carson, Nov 27, 2005