VC7 and hash_map

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Ross2772, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. Ross2772

    Ross2772

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hello, i'm newbie with hash_map function and i need some help.

    I'm trying to create a hash_map with VC7 where both key and data must be my own classes
    I mean, i need a hash_map such as

    hash_map<CSegment,CListofSegments,hash<CSegment>,Close> hasht;

    In where the key is a segment, the data is a list of segments which are close to the segment 'key'. To acces to this entry of the hash table, i don't need to index by the segment 'key' itself but by any segment close to it.

    What must I do with hash<CSegment>??
    I understand that i have to define a way to define a hash-function to index the map...
    But I'm really lost and don't know where or how to do it....

    Thank you!

    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
    Ross2772, Aug 9, 2006