vc7 debug jump wrong line

Discussion in 'C++' started by Vi, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Vi

    Vi Guest

    Hi,

    I have a very weird problem. Have anyone encounter this and how do you
    solve it?

    For example, I have 20 line of code (example only, no real sense)

    0
    1 for(int i=0;i<NoOfMatches;i++) {
    4 if(theList.GetNo(i)== (unsigned long) -1) break;
    7 printf("%s\t%f\n",RamDB.GotoEntry(theList.GetNo(i))->
    8 GetFilename(),
    9 theList.GetDistanceValue(i));
    15 //nothing here

    Line 0,2,3,5,6,10 is empty, other with command.

    Now, when I debug this with breakpoint sets at line 1, it might go in
    this fashion, line 2,4,5,7,8,10,13,15,18,19,20 etc. in fact, randomly.

    Do anyone know what is happening?

    Thanks a lot.

    Vi
    Vi, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Vi

    Unforgiven Guest

    Vi wrote:
    > Now, when I debug this with breakpoint sets at line 1, it might go in
    > this fashion, line 2,4,5,7,8,10,13,15,18,19,20 etc. in fact, randomly.
    >
    > Do anyone know what is happening?

    This is off topic here. You may want to ask again at
    microsoft.public.vsnet.general, or at microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vc or
    similar. You might also want to try to word your question differently there
    because I did not really understand what you meant.

    --
    Unforgiven

    "Most people make generalisations"
    Freek de Jonge
    Unforgiven, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Vi

    Ron Natalie Guest

    "Vi" <> wrote in message news:Xns93F2971B05425vinglycoscouk@137.205.128.11...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a very weird problem. Have anyone encounter this and how do you
    > solve it?

    There is a newsgroup microsoft.public.vc.debugger that will get you the
    answer to this question better than asking it here.
    Ron Natalie, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Vi

    Vi Guest

    "Unforgiven" <> wrote in

    > This is off topic here. You may want to ask again at
    > microsoft.public.vsnet.general, or at
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vc or similar. You might also want to
    > try to word your question differently there because I did not really
    > understand what you meant.

    Thanks for informing me about it. I will post it at your suggested
    newsgroup and rephrase it. Just starting to learn to use newsgroup...

    Vi
    Vi, Sep 10, 2003