VCD file format

Neil Zanella

Hello,

I would like to know where I can find the specification of the VCD file
format which is sometimes used to describe waveforms. Also, does anyone
know of the existence of (possibly free) VCD wave form viewers for Linux?

Thanks,

Neil

Larry Doolittle

Neil said:
I would like to know where I can find the specification of the VCD file
format which is sometimes used to describe waveforms. Also, does anyone
know of the existence of (possibly free) VCD wave form viewers for Linux?

Funny, if I cut and paste "VCD wave form viewers for Linux" into google,
and punch "I'm feeling lucky", I go straight to an answer to your question.

I personally use gtkwave.

- Larry

Ajeetha Kumari

Neil,
VCD specification is part of Verilog IEEE Standard itself. I
remember that some old version of the LRM was available with VCS
installations (look for ovi*.ps under VCS installation tree - if you
have VCS of-course).

About waveform viewer, I use GTKWave and am quite happy with it.

HTH,
Ajeetha
http://www.noveldv.com

Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
VCD trace viewer? (preferably an Eclipse Plugin, JAVA)

Hi,

Apart from GTKwave and IVI are there any trace viewer tools which are available for viewing data from VCD files...may be as a matrix of columns and rows....like a look up table?

Thanks,
Tox-ig