    know of the existence of (possibly free) VCD wave form viewers for Linux?

    Thanks,

    Neil
    Neil Zanella, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Neil Zanella wrote:

    > I would like to know where I can find the specification of the VCD file
    > format which is sometimes used to describe waveforms. Also, does anyone
    > know of the existence of (possibly free) VCD wave form viewers for Linux?

    Funny, if I cut and paste "VCD wave form viewers for Linux" into google,
    and punch "I'm feeling lucky", I go straight to an answer to your question.

    I personally use gtkwave.

    - Larry
    Larry Doolittle, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Neil,
    VCD specification is part of Verilog IEEE Standard itself. I
    remember that some old version of the LRM was available with VCS
    installations (look for ovi*.ps under VCS installation tree - if you
    have VCS of-course).

    About waveform viewer, I use GTKWave and am quite happy with it.

    HTH,
    Ajeetha
    http://www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha Kumari, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Neil Zanella

    toxic_iguana

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    VCD trace viewer? (preferably an Eclipse Plugin, JAVA)

    Hi,

    Apart from GTKwave and IVI are there any trace viewer tools which are available for viewing data from VCD files...may be as a matrix of columns and rows....like a look up table?

    Thanks,
    Tox-ig
    toxic_iguana, Jun 13, 2006