    Every time I use it, i get error messages. Has anyone any experince
    with vdmfec?

    Thanks in advance....:)
    Andreas Wachhold, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Andreas Wachhold

    gnari Guest

    "Andreas Wachhold" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, I am trying to use the program vdmfec from within perl. I am
    > trying to use it together with tar or gzip etc. I wonder how it works?
    > Every time I use it, i get error messages. Has anyone any experince
    > with vdmfec?

    no idea what vdmfec is, but:
    a) first see if it works from without perl.
    if not, bug the vdmfec related newsgroups

    b) then see if your perl code works with something
    other than vdmfec. if not, then your perl has a bug

    c) then show us a very simple example of what you are
    doing, along with some hints about what kind of error
    messages you are getting.

    gnari
    gnari, Feb 3, 2004

  3. On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:10:26 -0800, Andreas Wachhold wrote:

    > Hello, I am trying to use the program vdmfec from within perl. I am
    > trying to use it together with tar or gzip etc. I wonder how it works?
    > Every time I use it, i get error messages. Has anyone any experince with
    > vdmfec?

    NEI (Not Enough Information).

    What have you tried? Where's the code ;-)

    You might, for starters, read perlipc. This *may* be of some use in what
    you're trying to do. Also look over the 'system' function, IPC::Open2,
    and IPC::Open3. Without knowing this 'vdmfec' application and without
    seeing what you tried, this is what I can offer.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    "OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard." --
    Dr. Joy
    James Willmore, Feb 4, 2004