vdmfec and Perl?

Andreas Wachhold

Hello, I am trying to use the program vdmfec from within perl. I am
trying to use it together with tar or gzip etc. I wonder how it works?
Every time I use it, i get error messages. Has anyone any experince
with vdmfec?

Thanks in advance....:)

gnari

Andreas Wachhold said:
Hello, I am trying to use the program vdmfec from within perl. I am
trying to use it together with tar or gzip etc. I wonder how it works?
Every time I use it, i get error messages. Has anyone any experince
with vdmfec?

no idea what vdmfec is, but:
a) first see if it works from without perl.
if not, bug the vdmfec related newsgroups

b) then see if your perl code works with something
other than vdmfec. if not, then your perl has a bug

c) then show us a very simple example of what you are
doing, along with some hints about what kind of error
messages you are getting.

gnari

James Willmore

Hello, I am trying to use the program vdmfec from within perl. I am
trying to use it together with tar or gzip etc. I wonder how it works?
Every time I use it, i get error messages. Has anyone any experince with
vdmfec?

NEI (Not Enough Information).

What have you tried? Where's the code ;-)

You might, for starters, read perlipc. This *may* be of some use in what
you're trying to do. Also look over the 'system' function, IPC::Open2,
and IPC::Open3. Without knowing this 'vdmfec' application and without
seeing what you tried, this is what I can offer.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
"OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard." --
Dr. Joy