    Bob Gailer

    303 442 2625

    ---
    Bob Gailer, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Bob Gailer

    Garth T Kidd Guest

    > You have to reinstall all of them. Actually, you might need to rebuild
    > them, as extension modules need to be recompiled.

    Make sure you have VC6 installed, else you'll be unable to build extensions
    for Python23. VC7 worked for building Python22 extensions, but no longer
    (and if anyone can explain why, I'd love to know).

    error: Python was built with version 6 of Visual Studio, and
    extensions need to be built with the same version of the
    compiler, but it isn't installed.

    I'm reinstalling 2.2.3 so I can keep developing with Reportlab until I can
    get hold of VC6 or a fix for 2.3.
    Garth T Kidd, Jul 31, 2003

  3. (Garth T Kidd) writes:

    > Make sure you have VC6 installed, else you'll be unable to build extensions
    > for Python23. VC7 worked for building Python22 extensions, but no longer
    > (and if anyone can explain why, I'd love to know).

    VC7 did not work for building Python22 extensions. You end up linking
    different versions of the CRT, and as soon as you pass FILE* from the
    extension to Python, you get crashes.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=, Jul 31, 2003