ver 23 invokation on Windows

Alex Genkin

Hi Python experts!

With ver 22, I used to be able to invoke Python script by simply typing .py file
name on the command line.
With ver 23 it no longer works. If set up Windows file association, then the
script gets invoked, but command line arguments disappear.
Any idea what to do?

Thank you,
Alex

Tim Roberts

Alex Genkin said:
Hi Python experts!

With ver 22, I used to be able to invoke Python script by simply typing .py file
name on the command line.
With ver 23 it no longer works. If set up Windows file association, then the
script gets invoked, but command line arguments disappear.
Any idea what to do?

Did you remember to pass the parameters when you created the file
association?

C:\TMP>assoc .py
..py=Python.File

C:\TMP>ftype Python.File
Python.File=C:\Apps\Python23\python.exe "%1" %*

C:\TMP>