verification

Sarah

Hi,
I want to know basic about verification. I know VHDL lang. I am working
on a project in VLSI. I worked on xilinx webpack6.8, modelsim 5.8 &
leonardo spectrum.
Now i got a call for interview... which is for verification engineer.
please guide me what should I know about verification as I am preparing
for that. give me some general questions with hint answers.

Mike Treseler

Sarah said:
Now i got a call for interview... which is for verification engineer.
please guide me what should I know about verification as I am preparing
for that. give me some general questions with hint answers.

I would ask, "What exactly have you done with modelsim?"

I would suggest collecting and cleaning up examples
of your vhdl testbench code to show the interviewer.

Then practice running example testbenches from now
until the interview. Here's one:

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=shell+test_uart

-- Mike Treseler

Andy Peters

Sarah said:
Hi,
I want to know basic about verification. I know VHDL lang. I am working
on a project in VLSI. I worked on xilinx webpack6.8, modelsim 5.8 &
leonardo spectrum.
Now i got a call for interview... which is for verification engineer.
please guide me what should I know about verification as I am preparing
for that. give me some general questions with hint answers.

I would expect that if you need a newsgroup to explain to you the
basics of verification, then you're not qualified for the position.
Don't waste the interviewer's time. Cancel the interview now.

-a