    Now i got a call for interview... which is for verification engineer.
    please guide me what should I know about verification as I am preparing
    for that. give me some general questions with hint answers.

    Sarah, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Sarah wrote:

    > Now i got a call for interview... which is for verification engineer.
    > please guide me what should I know about verification as I am preparing
    > for that. give me some general questions with hint answers.

    I would ask, "What exactly have you done with modelsim?"

    I would suggest collecting and cleaning up examples
    of your vhdl testbench code to show the interviewer.

    Then practice running example testbenches from now
    until the interview. Here's one:

    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=shell test_uart

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Sarah

    Andy Peters Guest

    Sarah wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to know basic about verification. I know VHDL lang. I am working
    > on a project in VLSI. I worked on xilinx webpack6.8, modelsim 5.8 &
    > leonardo spectrum.
    > Now i got a call for interview... which is for verification engineer.
    > please guide me what should I know about verification as I am preparing
    > for that. give me some general questions with hint answers.

    I would expect that if you need a newsgroup to explain to you the
    basics of verification, then you're not qualified for the position.
    Don't waste the interviewer's time. Cancel the interview now.

    -a

    Andy Peters, Mar 16, 2006