Verify the integrity of the tar file with tarfile module?

rudson alves

Hello,

I took a Slackware package file .tar (uncompressed) and edited with random characters to generate any error in its structure, as shown in the test bash below:

$ tar -tf zoo.tar
../
install/
install/slack-desc
tar: Pulando para o próximo cabeçalho
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
$ echo $?
2

How can I verify the integrity of the tar file with tarfile module without having to expand it?

To be more precise, even expanding this file it not generated any error message.

Dave Angel

Just opening the file may not create an error.
You have to read some files to check for errors.

You have no context in front of your message, and it's not a reply to
anything existing. So it must be top-posted. Try again.