    Regards,
    Praveen

    , Jul 11, 2005

  2. Tarun Batra Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >In my design all the modules are in VHDL except one which is in
    >verilog.I wanted to know if it is possible to call my verilog module in
    >my VHDL top level.
    >
    >If possible can any body tell me how to go about it.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Praveen

    Hi Praveen,
    You will have to create a wrapper for the Verilog model as:

    Entity <module name> is
    End <module name>;

    architecture verilog of <name> is
    attribute foreign of verilog:architecture is "VERILOG(event)
    work.<module name>:modulel";
    begin
    end;

    In case you are using NCSIM, you can directly instantiate the verilog
    component in VHDL.
    NCSIM allows the instantiation of the Verilog in VHDL either through
    direct instantiation, component binding or default bindings.

    -Tarun

    Tarun Batra, Jul 11, 2005