Verilog RTL and Behavioral Testbench

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Davy, Mar 25, 2006.

  1. Davy

    Davy Guest

    Hi all,

    I am reading the book "Writing Testbench" and found my previous
    testbench style is RTL.
    Can I change Verilog RTL Testbench to Behavioral Testbench, is the
    below code right?

    //---- RTL style---
    Always@(posedge clk)
    If(EN)
    //------------------

    //----Behavioral style---
    Always begin
    wait(EN);
    @(posedge clk);
    end
    //-----------------------

    Is there any other better Behavioral style?

    Any suggestions will be appreciated!
    Best regards,
    Davy

    Davy, Mar 25, 2006

  2. Davy

    Guest

    This "Behavioral style" is an attempt to optimize for faster
    simulation. In reality, it may end up running a lot slower, depending
    on your simulator.

    , Mar 26, 2006