    in vhdl so can u help how to convert it to vhdl.pease tell me any
    tools if available,if tell me the other way urgent

    muniraj
    muni, Feb 26, 2007

  2. Hi,

    On 26 Feb., 08:48, "muni" <> wrote:
    > i have uart verilog code i need it in vhdl becouse all my design are
    > in vhdl so can u help how to convert it to vhdl.pease tell me any
    > tools if available,if tell me the other way urgent

    If your uart is a verilog netlist, it is easy to write it out as vhdl
    netlist, if you have a synthesis tool that has a verilog reader and
    vhdl writer (like synopsys dc_shell, if licenses for verilog and vhdl
    available).

    If your verilog code is rtl, you could synthesis it as a module and
    use the way above.
    It is also possible to instantiate verilog in vhdl and use tools that
    allows mixed language processing (AFAIK every major tool but you may
    need additional licenses in some cases, like modelsim tends to have
    language dependend licenses).

    bye Thomas
    Thomas Stanka, Feb 27, 2007

  3. muni

    HT-Lab Guest

    "muni" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > i have uart verilog code i need it in vhdl becouse all my design are
    > in vhdl so can u help how to convert it to vhdl.pease tell me any
    > tools if available,if tell me the other way urgent
    >
    > muniraj

    Why bother translating when there are lots of free VHDL UART's available on
    the web?

    I use the 16550 from Opencores and it works great.

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com
    HT-Lab, Feb 27, 2007