VeriSign Seal not Displaying in Production - 2nd post

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. I've read the posts here and VeriSign's KB articles, which pertain to the
    seal not displaying in development mode. However, the seal still won't show
    up on the .aspx production page, but it does work fine on our other .htm
    pages! Talk about frustrating.

    Here is the script (I put it in a table cell which is outside the default
    form--should it be within the form? Within the table cell I've tried putting
    it inside a DIV tag, and that didn't work, so I took out the DIV tags):
    <script
    src=https://seal.verisign.com/getseal?host_name=www.ourdomain.org&size=S&use_flash=YES&use_transparent=YES&lang=en></script>

    Here is how it is rendered when viewed, including the table info:
    cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="150" border="0" height="100%">
    <script

    Some things to consider: 1) the original script did not include quotation
    marks around the url, but the VB.Net designer (HTML View) automatically puts
    these quotation marks in;
    2) the original script followed each parameter with an "&", but this is
    converted to "&amp;"
    3) Do I need to designate a language inside the script--<script
    language=javascript, vbscript, etc.)?
    4) In production, a scripting error occurs that says "End of line expected,
    line 3", and when I debug this, it falls on the beginning of the 3rd line in
    the certificate that starts with "aff=":
    dn="WWW.OURDOMAIN.ORG";
    lang="en";
    aff="VeriSignCACenter";
    tpt="transparent";
    etc...

    What can I do to make this work in our .aspx page? As I mentioned, this
    works in our donation pages that are non-.aspx pages.

    Thank you in advance,
    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Jan 31, 2005

  2. I solved my own problem! I have VBScript just above the VeriSign script, so
    all I needed to do was designate the language as JavaScript for the VeriSign
    script (<script language=Javascript src=...>). It works fine now.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Feb 3, 2005