version numbers and releasing software...

Jim

I am about to install a asp.net web application I have written in the 'real'
world - this app uses mutilple assemblies (minimum of 10) and calls out to
web services which in turn call some COM+ components all of which I have
written in C# .net.

Currently the AssemblyVersionAttrbiute is set to '1.0.0.1' for all the
assemlbies, What I want to know is when I make an update to my software what
is the best policy for revision numbers and will asp.net and COM+
automatically use the newer assemblies or will I have to rebuild the
applications for each release?

Cheers

Jim

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

COM+ is not the issue as long as the interface (public methods, etc.) do not
change. And, you can "inform" you .NET app to automatically use newer
versions.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA