version two is online

Richard

www.1-large-world.com/states/

Found another way to do what I wanted.

I'm still trying to figure out how to embed links to an array so that all
the images won't load until needed.

such as

var flag new array(50)
flag[0]="states/al.flag.gif"

Just doesn't seem to work.
or would the entire http:// stuff have to be included?

kloos anyone?

I tried the one approach given before but got lost in it somewhere.

spaghetti

Richard said:
www.1-large-world.com/states/

Found another way to do what I wanted.

I'm still trying to figure out how to embed links to an array so that all
the images won't load until needed.

It works fine now in Opera 7 and Gecko: images load only when needed.
Internet Explorer loads them all at page load, however.

All states after Arkansas are broken.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept said:
www.1-large-world.com/states/

Found another way to do what I wanted.

Doesn't look so good in Opera! (Opera 5, Win98, javascript disabled)
http://www.nigenet.org.uk/bits-n-bobs/states.html

You have absolutely no way to navigate the site without javascript, which is
A Bad Idea.

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

Richard

nice.guy.nige said:
Doesn't look so good in Opera! (Opera 5, Win98, javascript disabled)
http://www.nigenet.org.uk/bits-n-bobs/states.html

You have absolutely no way to navigate the site without javascript, which is
A Bad Idea.

Cheers,
Nige

I only put this version up for comments. I know it's not complete and won't
be for awhile.
Why spend thousands of hours on something that ain't gonna work in the end?
You've only had a small taste of what I will eventually put online.