versioning in 2.0

Jon

In asp.net 1.1, we would set a version in assemblyinfo.vb and build...the
resulting single DLL would have that version number. In 2.0, there is no way
to do that...now we ge a DLL for each page with 0.0.0.0 as the version.

What are you people doing for versioning? Just setting a key in the
web.config, which you then have to rely on your customer updating when you
send them a new version of the site (because you don't want to overwrite the
web.config and lose the customer's settings.)?

I know about the beta of web deployment projects, but I cannot use that
until it is out of beta.

Jon