vertical-align: center

Allison McGhee

I messed up this question what I meant to say was How can I do the
equivalent of

Sorry for the mistake

oeb

Allison said:
I messed up this question what I meant to say was How can I do the
equivalent of

Sorry for the mistake

vertical-align:middle;

or in full

*CSS*

#mytable td {vertical-align:middle;}

*HTML*

Steve Pugh

Allison said:
I messed up this question what I meant to say was How can I do the
equivalent of

There is no equivalent as valign="center" doesn't exist.
The only possible values of valign are top, middle, bottom and
baseline.
See http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/tables.html#adef-valign

If you mean valign="middle" (which is the default anyway) then the CSS
equivalent is vertical-align: middle. Note that the vertical-align
property only applies to some elements, so if you are also replacing
your table cells with divs you can't use vertical-align in the same way
that you used valign.

Steve

Neredbojias

I messed up this question what I meant to say was How can I do the
equivalent of

Sorry for the mistake

If you mean that you want to replace tables with divs, etc., there are a
number of ways but all a little tricky. More information needed.