    Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
    My text still lines up on the bottom.
    thanks

    shank, Feb 7, 2004

  2. shank

    chris Guest

    Yes it should be aligned in the middle of the cell. Can you give an URL
    please? What browser do you use?

    chris, Feb 7, 2004

  3. shank wrote:
    > Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
    > My text still lines up on the bottom.

    Yes, but it's generally the default anyway. URL?

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 7, 2004
  4. shank

    Clive Moss Guest

    "shank" <> wrote in message
    > Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
    > My text still lines up on the bottom.
    > thanks

    If the code on your page is as you've written it here - then adding the
    final ";" would help

    Clive

    Clive Moss, Feb 8, 2004
  5. shank

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Clive Moss" <> wrote:
    >"shank" <> wrote in message

    >> Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
    >> My text still lines up on the bottom.

    >If the code on your page is as you've written it here - then adding the
    >final ";" would help

    Why? in CSS ; is a separator not a terminator. Do you know of any
    browsers that are so buggy as to ignore final styles that do not have
    a ; after them?

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Feb 8, 2004
  6. shank

    Chris Morris Guest

    "Clive Moss" <> writes:
    > "shank" <> wrote in message
    > > Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
    > > My text still lines up on the bottom.

    That should work. However, vertical-align: middle is the default for
    making it align to the bottom of the cell.

    > If the code on your page is as you've written it here - then adding the
    > final ";" would help

    In what browser? It's a separator, not a terminator, so it shouldn't
    be needed - I don't know of any browser that requires it.

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Feb 11, 2004