vertical-align

shank

Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
My text still lines up on the bottom.
thanks

chris

Yes it should be aligned in the middle of the cell. Can you give an URL
please? What browser do you use?

Leif K-Brooks

shank said:
Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
My text still lines up on the bottom.

Yes, but it's generally the default anyway. URL?

Clive Moss

shank said:
Is vertical-align:middle supposed to work inside a table cell for text?
My text still lines up on the bottom.
thanks
If the code on your page is as you've written it here - then adding the
final ";" would help

Clive

Steve Pugh

Clive Moss said:
If the code on your page is as you've written it here - then adding the
final ";" would help

Why? in CSS ; is a separator not a terminator. Do you know of any
browsers that are so buggy as to ignore final styles that do not have
a ; after them?

Steve

Chris Morris

That should work. However, vertical-align: middle is the default for
If the code on your page is as you've written it here - then adding the
final ";" would help

In what browser? It's a separator, not a terminator, so it shouldn't
be needed - I don't know of any browser that requires it.