vertical centered table in Opera

cwdjrxyz

Fred said:
http://members.home.nl/divydutchess/

This table is centered vertically. Anyway it is supposed to be. This works
fine in IE. but not in Opera.
How can I fix that so that it works fine in Opera as well?

The page views 5 different ways on my several different browsers, The
problem has something to do with how you specify height. You first need
to add the required Docytype, likely for html 4.01 transitional for the
page in the present form, although html 4.01 strict would be better.
When you validate at the W3C selecting the html 4.01 transitional
override for the missing Doctype, you find that in line 19 there is an
error in a table tag. This error is "there is no attribute height".

I see that the FrontPage editor was used as specified in the code. My
first suggestion is to dump FrontPage if you are interested in writing
valid code that usually works on most browsers other than IE. I would
completely rewrite this page from scratch using html 4.01 strict with a
proper CSS style sheet to position everything. I have not used a table
in over 2 years. However, with the information I found concerning a
height problem, someone here may be willing to help you patch the table
if you still want to use it.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Fred Flash quothed:
http://members.home.nl/divydutchess/

This table is centered vertically. Anyway it is supposed to be. This works
fine in IE. but not in Opera.
How can I fix that so that it works fine in Opera as well? Thank you.

add/remove programs, search for MS Frontpage, and do what comes
naturally.

Fred Flash

Thanks cwdjrxyz and Neredbojias!
I didn`t follow ur suggestions but my thanks is well meant
Somebody suggested to add the following:
html,body,div,center{height:100%;}
to the head section, now it works as wished.