Vertical Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dean Clowe, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. Dean Clowe

    Dean Clowe Guest

    Hi, I am trying to find a Menu Bar applet that I can use in a applet
    which will hold hundreds of menu options on about 30 submenus. I want
    to go with a vertical style menu along the left side (similar to the
    start menu in windows). With the large number of options on each
    menu I want it to slide out to the right and if there is too many
    options to show vertically, I would like to have another column show
    (similar to how Windows shows two or three columns on the start menu
    when you have too many programs to display, even though they are
    really on the same level of the menu under the same parent node).

    The menu I need also needs to have the capability to be loaded via
    it's methods as the data is built on the fly by my applet, and it
    needs to allow for custom event handlers so that I can do what I need
    to when a submenu node or a node is reached.

    I'm not having much luck finding anything like this, I've spent days
    searching to no avail, most stuff is for websites and is loaded via
    XML or Text files, and some stuff just doesn't look good or doesn't
    have a smooth scroll.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Dean