    possible to code a scrolling veritcal bar into a table <TD> ?

    If so, how ?

    I am coding my client's WEB site in ASP.
    A Web Master, Jan 27, 2004

  2. A Web Master

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    look at the SPAN tag, iirc you can set this to scroll.
    It's most likely only an IE thing. Either way though, it's a clientside
    issue really.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 27, 2004

  3. A Web Master

    Bob Barrows Guest

    A Web Master wrote:
    > As a mean of not having to use Framesets/Frames with all the bad side
    > effects/workarounds that come with them, I want to know if it is
    > possible to code a scrolling veritcal bar into a table <TD> ?
    >
    > If so, how ?
    >
    > I am coding my client's WEB site in ASP.

    Here is an example of one way to do it:
    http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&...subject=Scrollabe%20table%20example&lr=&hl=en

    This is an HTML/DHTML issue, so I have set followups to
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.programming.dhtml

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows, Jan 27, 2004
  4. A Web Master

    A. Webmaster Guest

    Thx but does this apply to Netscape 4.x/6.x 4.x/5.x/6.x too ?

    My client's web site have visitors using Netscape and IE

    A. Webmaster, Jan 27, 2004
  5. A Web Master

    Bob Barrows Guest

    A. Webmaster wrote:
    > Thx but does this apply to Netscape 4.x/6.x 4.x/5.x/6.x too ?
    >
    > My client's web site have visitors using Netscape and IE

    I don't know. Dave Anderson suggested there might be a problem in
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.programming.dhtml. I've asked him
    what would need to change to make it more compliant.

    Now, to anyone who can answer this:
    in my previous reply, I set followups to
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.programming.dhtml. I was surprised
    to se A.'s reply still appearing in this asp group. Does anyone know why? I
    was under the impression that setting followups would cause replies to be
    redirected to the appropriate newsgroup.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows, Jan 27, 2004