Vertical scroll bar moving a bit left in IE

venu madhav

Hi All,
I have an application written in CGI as the server side script
and Java script on client side. In one of the web pages, I am seeing
scroll bar moving a bit left rather than being at the end. This page
is looking fine in Firefox. Is there any way I can see what went
wrong.

Pls let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you,
Venu

Evertjan.

venu madhav wrote on 25 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
I have an application written in CGI as the server side script
and Java script on client side.

There is no Java script language, Java is a to be compiled language.

Perhaps you mena Javascript script?
In one of the web pages, I am seeing
scroll bar moving a bit left rather than being at the end. This page
is looking fine in Firefox. Is there any way I can see what went
wrong.

Pls let me know if you need any more information.

Only if you want an answer.

You will have to show us the relevant javascript code,
or supply us with a christall ball.

venu madhav

venu madhav wrote on 25 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

There is no Java script language, Java is a to be compiled language.

Perhaps you mena Javascript script?

Only if you want an answer.

You will have to show us the relevant javascript code,
or supply us with a christall ball.

The whole thing is a huge HTML page with javascript and CSS code. I am
not sure which part you would be interested in. Can you name any
specific parts of code ( like body & form declarations along with the
css classes etc. )

venu madhav

venu madhav wrote on 25 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

There is no Java script language, Java is a to be compiled language.

Perhaps you mena Javascript script?

Only if you want an answer.

You will have to show us the relevant javascript code,
or supply us with a christall ball.
The whole code is HTML embedded with Javascript & CSS. I am not sure
what pieces would be relevant for identifying the problem. Can you let
me know what pieces of code you are interested in (like form and body
declarations and their css etc).

venu madhav

venu madhav wrote on 25 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

There is no Java script language, Java is a to be compiled language.

Perhaps you mena Javascript script?

Only if you want an answer.

You will have to show us the relevant javascript code,
or supply us with a christall ball.

Evertjan.

venu madhav wrote on 25 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
The whole thing is a huge HTML page with javascript and CSS code. I am
not sure which part you would be interested in. Can you name any
specific parts of code ( like body & form declarations along with the
css classes etc. )

No, I am not interested at all, I just answered youe Q (2):

(1) >> > Is there any way I can see what went wrong.
(2) >> > Pls let me know if you need any more information.

You will have to decide the "relevant" part, by extracting a minimal
example of what went wrong. Then you will see if it pertains to
Javascript or not, and if it is on topic [javascript], and that did not
answer your Q(1), you could present us ith the results of Q (2).

If you are not up to that task, maybe it is time to hire a professional.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <b385b4e9-f42b-45d9-b4ca-90659a7f750b@r2
7g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, Fri, 25 Jun 2010 05:54:27, venu madhav
Hi All,
I have an application written in CGI as the server side script
and Java script on client side. In one of the web pages, I am seeing
scroll bar moving a bit left rather than being at the end. This page
is looking fine in Firefox. Is there any way I can see what went
wrong.

Pls let me know if you need any more information.

Well, you could say which browser you see the error in; and you could
give the browser versions, and you could test and report on what happens
in other browsers.

Take a copy of the page and comment out a chunk that has in your opinion
nothing to do with the problem, then test again. If the problem
remains, then remove the entire comment and repeat; otherwise, remove
the comment marks and repeat. Eventually, either you will understand and
can perhaps fix the problem, or you will have something short enough for
others to look at.

But you should not expect pixel-equivalent results in all browsers.

EjH : My crystal ball says that your Dutch-English dictionary is broken.

Evertjan.

Dr J R Stockton wrote on 26 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
EjH : My crystal ball says that your Dutch-English dictionary is broken.

I haave oly a Latrin/english and vv, and a connsize Oxford near this
workplace.

And no need for that, as long as my English is better than your Dutch.

English on NGs like this one is only a vehicle.