    bar (like CheckedListBox in Window development) to save space. Can we do
    that in ASP.NET ?
    Please give me your suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

    bienwell, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Put it into a scrolling div.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 21, 2005

  3. bienwell

    bienwell Guest

    Kevin,

    Is "scrolling div" a property of CheckBoxList ? How do I put the
    CheckBoxList in it ? I don't see this property for CheckBoxList ?

    bienwell, Apr 21, 2005
  4. A div is a container. Put the CheckboxList inside it.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Hi Kevin,

    first of all: Before you want to develop a Web-based application make sure
    you know enough about web-standards! Like you would do when trying to
    develop a windows application (you must know about drawing controls).

    A "scrolling div" is a html-tag wrapped around your control.

    ... here comes your list-control ...

    Be aware that this does not work for every browser!

    Regards
    Patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, Apr 21, 2005
  6. Huh? I didn't ask a question, Patrick.

    --

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 21, 2005
  7. Oh, sorry Kevin! I ment bienwell. My fault.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, Apr 21, 2005
  8. bienwell

    bienwell Guest

    Patrick,

    I've tried it like you suggested, but the vertical bar didn't show up (both
    in IE and Netscape 7.1). My co-worker developed a window application with
    VB.NET and used CheckedListBox control to display databound by database; it
    had the vertical scroll bar. In ASP.NET with web development, it does not
    have CheckedListBox control and I have to use CheckboxList control.

    Here is my code:

    <asp:CheckBoxList id="Field_CheckList"
    OnSelectedIndexChanged="Field_CheckedAll_Changed" runat="server"
    AutoPostBack="true" CellPadding="5" CellSpacing="5" RepeatColumns="1"
    RepeatDirection="Vertical" RepeatLayout="Flow" TextAlign="Right"
    ></asp:CheckBoxList>

    Any suggestions ? Thanks again.

    bienwell, Apr 22, 2005
  9. bienwell