Vertical scrollbar foreground

emf

I have a textarea with a vertical scrollbar; I have changed the
scrollbar's and I want to change the scrollbar's. After trying
unsuccessfully to change the colors of the scroolbar with

scroller.setForeground(Color.GRAY);
scroller.setBackground(Color.BLACK);

I managed to change its background color with

scroller.getVerticalScrollBar().setBackground(Color.BLACK);

the command however

scroller.getVerticalScrollBar().setForeground(Color.GRAY);

has no effect.

Googling I found that I have to use

public TextPaneRenderer() {
setEditable(false);
putClientProperty(HONOR_DISPLAY_PROPERTIES, Boolean.TRUE);
}

(https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2269764)

but I do not know what to make of it. How exactly do I insert it in the
code=? And do I have to import something?

Thanks,

Eustace

John B. Matthews

emf <[email protected]> said:
[...]