Very easy question about writing to files

Dano

Hi all,

I am trying to do something incredibly simple, but unforunately the
Naziesque Security won't let me do it. All I want to do is write text to a
file. That's it! But everytime I do I keep getting an error that says
Access is Denied to that path, regardless of which path I choose.

So I did some searchin on the net and the solution seems to be simply to
write click on the file or folder select security and makes sure that .Net
has rights to it.

Piece of cake, huh? Except for this little snag ....

When I right click on either a file or folder there is NO SECURITY TAB!!!!!
The best I can do is to write click on a folder and select sharing. Then I
have two options Local Sharing or Network Sharing. Neither says anything
about ASP.Net or allowing write rights.

So my question is ...
1) Why is my version of Windows XP Pro different than everyone elses?

2) How do I make the security happy so I can actually write files.

Thanks

Dan