    coredumper Guest

    Anyone know where I can download very large (30MB - 100+MB) "real
    world" XML files?

    coredumper, Aug 17, 2005

  2. coredumper wrote:
    > Anyone know where I can download very large (30MB - 100+MB) "real
    > world" XML files?

    why don't you just generate one? this can be done with a few
    lines of code.

    Gerald

    Gerald Aichholzer, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Gerald Aichholzer wrote:

    >> Anyone know where I can download very large (30MB - 100+MB) "real
    >> world" XML files?

    Here are some:

    http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/xmill/experiments.html

    > why don't you just generate one? this can be done with a few
    > lines of code.

    Indeed, that's what I usually do for testing.
    For example, try this AWK script produces
    well-formed XML data that some well-known
    parsers can't read (in acceptable time).

    # Let's see if a tag can have 10000 attributes.
    BEGIN {
    print "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>"
    print "<root "
    for (i=1; i<=10000; i++)
    printf("a%d='%d'\n", i, i)
    print "/>"
    }

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=, Aug 17, 2005
  4. coredumper

    coredumper Guest

    sure easy enough to perl my way through, but i was hoping to ge
    something that is being used for something, "real world" so to speak.

    coredumper, Aug 17, 2005
  5. coredumper wrote:

    > sure easy enough to perl my way through, but i was hoping to ge
    > something that is being used for something, "real world" so to speak.

    I gave you a link to something that is used for something.
    Here is a description of an amino acid data base containing
    about 100 MB of data:

    http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/xmill/data.html#swissprot

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=, Aug 17, 2005