very much new to c need ur help

cool_ratikagupta

hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

Joe Wright

hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.
First, spell out your words in proper English, capitalize the personal
pronoun, instead of 'u', spell out 'you'. Instead of 'plz' spell out
'please' please. Turn on the spell checker. We don't know from 'lanuage'
or 'watever' or 'techer'.

Otherwise, welcome to the comp.lang.c newsgroup.

santosh

hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

Practise.

Post any problems along with source here.

PS. Do practise your English composition skills too. It'll be even more
important than C in the long run.

CBFalconer

hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in
c . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
ilterations.

You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

Keith Thompson

hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

If you're already familiar with the basics, I recommend the
comp.lang.c FAQ, www.c-faq.com.

santosh

CBFalconer said:
You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
Usenet.

Ark Khasin

santosh said:
Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
Usenet.
<OT>Prolly by respecting proper use of the language we (u and i) betray
our age? ;-) No flames plz. :) </OT>

Richard Heathfield

santosh said:
Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
Usenet.

Many people from the world of English are unfamiliar with the patois du
jour of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms. The onus for communicating clearly
is on those who have most to gain from the communication. If
(e-mail address removed) wishes to seek advice from C experts (which is
how I have chosen to interpret his posting of "i want to be the best in
watever i do" in this newsgroup), he would do well to learn how to
communicate effectively with them. If he is satisfied with the kind of
experts you get in other fora, well, that's his choice.

For what it's worth, when I use SMS, I write in English. When I use IRC
(which is very rare nowadays), I write in English. When I contribute to a
Web forum, I write in English. I have no idea why others do otherwise. I
have heard the claim that it's too difficult to compose and type English
properly at the kind of speed that prevails in some IRC channels, but this
is not in keeping with my experience. (In fact, on several occasions in
IRC conversations I have anticipated a follow-up question and typed a
long, detailed, precise, accurate, and properly-written reply to it,
posting it two or three seconds *before* the questioner has finished
typing the question in halting "13375p34k" or "txt", from which I conclude
that short cuts make for long delays.)

santosh

Richard Heathfield said:
santosh said:

Many people from the world of English are unfamiliar with the patois
du jour of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms. The onus for communicating
clearly is on those who have most to gain from the communication. If
(e-mail address removed) wishes to seek advice from C experts
(which is how I have chosen to interpret his posting of "i want to be
the best in watever i do" in this newsgroup), he would do well to
learn how to communicate effectively with them. If he is satisfied
with the kind of experts you get in other fora, well, that's his
choice.

I was raising a point against CBFalconer's assertion that the post was a
deliberate foul-up. It's certainly a foul-up but I would
replace "deliberate" with "ignorant", at least until it's established
that the OP was trolling.
For what it's worth, when I use SMS, I write in English.

As do I, one the rare occasions that I find myself using SMS.

Apparently SMS is charged by the character, so abbreviations are
tolerable there. But it soon gets to be a nasty habit contaminating all
written communication.
When I use IRC (which is very rare nowadays), I write in English. When
I contribute to a Web forum, I write in English. I have no idea why
others do otherwise.

This has been of mild bemusement to me too, over the years.
I have heard the claim that it's too difficult to
compose and type English properly at the kind of speed that prevails
in some IRC channels, but this is not in keeping with my experience.

And if everyone typed in proper English there would be no need for these
silly abbreviations. Granted bandwidth usage would increase by a
fraction, but I doubt that it's of concern to even dial-up modem users.

Barring exceptional cases I can't think of any benefits in using these
abbreviations.

Richard Bos

santosh said:
Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
Usenet.

....and job applications. At his current language skills, I would not
even employ the OP to blow the dust out of phone lines, let alone to do
a job where he's supposed to communicate with people. Not knowing about
correct spelling is one thing; not _caring_ quite another.

Richard

sweet rati

First, spell out your words in proper English, capitalize the personal
pronoun, instead of 'u', spell out 'you'. Instead of 'plz' spell out
'please' please. Turn on the spell checker. We don't know from 'lanuage'
or 'watever' or 'techer'.

Otherwise, welcome to the comp.lang.c newsgroup.

thank you for correcting me where i was wrong . actually i was not
aware of this . i came to know about Google newsgroups from my book as
newsgroups is one of the topic which is taught to us in our college.

sweet rati

Practise.

Post any problems along with source here.

PS. Do practise your English composition skills too. It'll be even more
important than C in the long run.

I have problem in link list . Nowadays they have became night mares to
me. i tried a lot to improve my concepts of link list but got no
benefit out of that . i m using books "c in depth " and a book by
"yasvant karnetkar"by they didn't helped me out but confused me a lot.

ratika

You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

thank you so much fro correcting me I would remember it from next time

Ben Bacarisse

sweet rati said:
On Nov 11, 11:09 pm, santosh <[email protected]> wrote:
I have problem in link list.

Note "along with source". Posting code here is a bit scary (you might
get *lots* of comments and some might be rather blunt) but grit your
teeth and post an example you are having problems with. Even if your
code is very basic, it helps people here know what sort of help you
need.

Richard

sweet rati said:
I have problem in link list . Nowadays they have became night mares to
me. i tried a lot to improve my concepts of link list but got no
benefit out of that . i m using books "c in depth " and a book by
"yasvant karnetkar"by they didn't helped me out but confused me a lot.

I would suggest using google to find more examples. Read. And re-read.
It will come to you.

http://www.vpg.vil.ee/~michael/C_tutorial/lists.html

Here is a very easy to understand tutorial:

http://stsdas.stsci.edu/bps/linked_list.html

If you do not understand this then you might need to rewind and learn
the C basics from K&R2 or some such.

Charlton Wilbur

s> Barring exceptional cases I can't think of any benefits in
s> using these abbreviations.

It marks you as a member of a certain group.

Ages ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I migrated from BITNET
RELAY to this newfangled thing called IRC, people used to say hello
every time their irc server reestablished its network connection.
This got shortened to 'rehi' and eventually to 're,' and after a
while, the IRC old timers greeted each other with 're.' Until someone
somewhere noticed it was going on, and told newcomers that the way to
say hello on IRC was to say 're,' at which point the old timers
stopped using it and it became a mark of novices or people trying too
hard to be cool.

This is the same sort of thing: someone has misinformed the original
poster that all the cool people on Usenet speak gibberish, so he's
trying to mark himself as a cool person. It hampers his communication
significantly, mais il faut souffrir pour etre belle.

Charlton

Ben Pfaff

Richard Heathfield said:
For what it's worth, when I use SMS, I write in English. When I use IRC
(which is very rare nowadays), I write in English. When I contribute to a
Web forum, I write in English. I have no idea why others do otherwise.

My wife teaches middle-school English (children approximately
ages 11 to 13). A surprising number of students try to turn in
homework assignments written in SMSese. These students are
summarily told to rewrite them in English.

santosh

One more small point. Snip signatures unless you're commenting on them.
They are the text that follows the signature delimiter: '-- '.
thank you for correcting me where i was wrong . actually i was not
aware of this . i came to know about Google newsgroups from my book as
newsgroups is one of the topic which is taught to us in our college.

Actually Usenet existed before the WWW and *much* before Google. It's a
distributed network of "servers" and their "clients".

Google, as a part of Google Groups, provides a web based "interface" to
it's Usenet servers. Now there is nothing inherently wrong with a web
based interface to Usenet but it has been observed that it encourages
top-posting and spamming.

The conventional method to access Usenet before web based interfaces
became popular, is to use a newsreader program and get a connection
(free or paid), to a news server.

Some newsreaders are Thunderbird, KNode, Pan, slrn, tin, trn, Gnus etc.,
while two free Usenet servers are offered by motzarella.org and
aioe.org.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Groups>

Now coming to your problem, what exactly about linked lists confuses
you? Is the concept or an implementation? If you are having trouble
properly implementing a linked list in C then please show us your
attempt and state your problem in more detail. Copy and Paste the code
and use spaces instead of tabs for indentation.

Keith Thompson

...and job applications. At his current language skills, I would not
even employ the OP to blow the dust out of phone lines, let alone to do
a job where he's supposed to communicate with people. Not knowing about
correct spelling is one thing; not _caring_ quite another.

A single posting isn't enough to tell us anything about the OP's
language skills. Followups show that the OP does have considerably
better language skills than exhibited in the original post; he/she
just chose not to use them.

CBFalconer

sweet said:
thank you for correcting me where i was wrong . actually i was not
aware of this . i came to know about Google newsgroups from my book as
newsgroups is one of the topic which is taught to us in our college.

Sounds as if you are the same person as cool_ratikagu. Don't
change your name. It causes more confusion. Do capitalize first
letters in sentences, and the personal pronoun 'I'. Do snip
anything in quotes that is not relevant to your reply, which
especially includes sigs. Sigs are everything following the "-- "
sig marker.