    lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
    programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

    , Nov 11, 2007

  2. Joe Wright Guest

    wrote:
    > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
    > to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
    > watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
    > improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
    > lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
    > programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

    First, spell out your words in proper English, capitalize the personal
    pronoun, instead of 'u', spell out 'you'. Instead of 'plz' spell out
    'please' please. Turn on the spell checker. We don't know from 'lanuage'
    or 'watever' or 'techer'.

    Otherwise, welcome to the comp.lang.c newsgroup.

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Nov 11, 2007

  3. santosh Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote on
    Sunday 11 Nov 2007 10:05 pm:

    > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
    > to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
    > watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
    > improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
    > lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
    > programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

    Practise.

    Post any problems along with source here.

    PS. Do practise your English composition skills too. It'll be even more
    important than C in the long run.

    santosh, Nov 11, 2007
  4. CBFalconer Guest

    "" wrote:

    > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
    > tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
    > in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
    > out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
    > c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in
    > c . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
    > ilterations.

    You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
    shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
    The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
    unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
    understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Nov 11, 2007
  5. "" <> writes:
    > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
    > to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
    > watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
    > improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
    > lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
    > programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

    If you're already familiar with the basics, I recommend the
    comp.lang.c FAQ, www.c-faq.com.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 12, 2007
  6. santosh Guest

    In article <>, CBFalconer
    <> wrote on Monday 12 Nov 2007 12:00 am:

    > "" wrote:
    >>
    >> hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
    >> tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
    >> in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
    >> out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
    >> c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in
    >> c . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
    >> ilterations.

    > You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
    > shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
    > The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
    > unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
    > understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

    Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
    unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
    Usenet.

    santosh, Nov 12, 2007
  7. Ark Khasin Guest

    santosh wrote:
    > In article <>, CBFalconer
    > <> wrote on Monday 12 Nov 2007 12:00 am:
    >
    >> "" wrote:
    >>> hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
    >>> tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
    >>> in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
    >>> out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
    >>> c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in
    >>> c . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
    >>> ilterations.

    >> You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
    >> shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
    >> The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
    >> unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
    >> understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

    > Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
    > unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
    > Usenet.

    <OT>Prolly by respecting proper use of the language we (u and i) betray
    our age? ;-) No flames plz. :) </OT>

    Ark Khasin, Nov 12, 2007
  8. santosh said:

    > In article <>, CBFalconer
    > <> wrote on Monday 12 Nov 2007 12:00 am:
    >
    >> "" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
    >>> tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
    >>> in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
    >>> out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
    >>> c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in
    >>> c . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
    >>> ilterations.

    >> You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
    >> shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
    >> The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
    >> unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
    >> understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

    > Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
    > unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
    > Usenet.

    Many people from the world of English are unfamiliar with the patois du
    jour of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms. The onus for communicating clearly
    is on those who have most to gain from the communication. If
    wishes to seek advice from C experts (which is
    how I have chosen to interpret his posting of "i want to be the best in
    watever i do" in this newsgroup), he would do well to learn how to
    communicate effectively with them. If he is satisfied with the kind of
    experts you get in other fora, well, that's his choice.

    For what it's worth, when I use SMS, I write in English. When I use IRC
    (which is very rare nowadays), I write in English. When I contribute to a
    Web forum, I write in English. I have no idea why others do otherwise. I
    have heard the claim that it's too difficult to compose and type English
    properly at the kind of speed that prevails in some IRC channels, but this
    is not in keeping with my experience. (In fact, on several occasions in
    IRC conversations I have anticipated a follow-up question and typed a
    long, detailed, precise, accurate, and properly-written reply to it,
    posting it two or three seconds *before* the questioner has finished
    typing the question in halting "13375p34k" or "txt", from which I conclude
    that short cuts make for long delays.)

    Email: -http://www. +rjh@

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 12, 2007
  9. santosh Guest

    In article <>, Richard Heathfield
    <> wrote on Monday 12 Nov 2007 12:45 pm:

    > santosh said:
    >
    >> In article <>, CBFalconer
    >> <> wrote on Monday 12 Nov 2007 12:00 am:

    >>> You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
    >>> shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
    >>> The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
    >>> unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
    >>> understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

    >> Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
    >> unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
    >> Usenet.

    > Many people from the world of English are unfamiliar with the patois
    > du jour of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms. The onus for communicating
    > clearly is on those who have most to gain from the communication. If
    > wishes to seek advice from C experts
    > (which is how I have chosen to interpret his posting of "i want to be
    > the best in watever i do" in this newsgroup), he would do well to
    > learn how to communicate effectively with them. If he is satisfied
    > with the kind of experts you get in other fora, well, that's his
    > choice.

    I was raising a point against CBFalconer's assertion that the post was a
    deliberate foul-up. It's certainly a foul-up but I would
    replace "deliberate" with "ignorant", at least until it's established
    that the OP was trolling.

    > For what it's worth, when I use SMS, I write in English.

    As do I, one the rare occasions that I find myself using SMS.

    Apparently SMS is charged by the character, so abbreviations are
    tolerable there. But it soon gets to be a nasty habit contaminating all
    written communication.

    > When I use IRC (which is very rare nowadays), I write in English. When
    > I contribute to a Web forum, I write in English. I have no idea why
    > others do otherwise.

    This has been of mild bemusement to me too, over the years.

    > I have heard the claim that it's too difficult to
    > compose and type English properly at the kind of speed that prevails
    > in some IRC channels, but this is not in keeping with my experience.

    And if everyone typed in proper English there would be no need for these
    silly abbreviations. Granted bandwidth usage would increase by a
    fraction, but I doubt that it's of concern to even dial-up modem users.

    Barring exceptional cases I can't think of any benefits in using these
    abbreviations.

    santosh, Nov 12, 2007
  10. Richard Bos Guest

    santosh <> wrote:

    > In article <>, CBFalconer
    > <> wrote on Monday 12 Nov 2007 12:00 am:
    >
    > > "" wrote:
    > >>
    > >> hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
    > >> tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
    > >> in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
    > >> out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
    > >> c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in
    > >> c . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
    > >> ilterations.

    > > You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
    > > shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
    > > The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
    > > unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
    > > understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

    > Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
    > unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
    > Usenet.

    ....and job applications. At his current language skills, I would not
    even employ the OP to blow the dust out of phone lines, let alone to do
    a job where he's supposed to communicate with people. Not knowing about
    correct spelling is one thing; not _caring_ quite another.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Nov 12, 2007
  11. sweet rati Guest

    On Nov 11, 10:33 pm, Joe Wright <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
    > > to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best in
    > > watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
    > > improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in c
    > > lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
    > > programming is best when u use less memory space n less ilterations.

    > First, spell out your words in proper English, capitalize the personal
    > pronoun, instead of 'u', spell out 'you'. Instead of 'plz' spell out
    > 'please' please. Turn on the spell checker. We don't know from 'lanuage'
    > or 'watever' or 'techer'.
    >
    > Otherwise, welcome to the comp.lang.c newsgroup.
    >
    > --
    > Joe Wright
    > "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    > --- Albert Einstein ---

    thank you for correcting me where i was wrong . actually i was not
    aware of this . i came to know about Google newsgroups from my book as
    newsgroups is one of the topic which is taught to us in our college.

    sweet rati, Nov 12, 2007
  12. sweet rati Guest

    On Nov 11, 11:09 pm, santosh <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote on
    > Sunday 11 Nov 2007 10:05 pm:
    >
    > > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
    > > to make myself strong in c language . as i want to be the best in
    > > whatever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
    > > improving my c .plz(please) guide me as a teacher . to do my best in c
    > > language . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
    > > programming is best when u use less memory space n less iterations.

    > Practise.
    >
    > Post any problems along with source here.
    >
    > PS. Do practise your English composition skills too. It'll be even more
    > important than C in the long run.

    I have problem in link list . Nowadays they have became night mares to
    me. i tried a lot to improve my concepts of link list but got no
    benefit out of that . i m using books "c in depth " and a book by
    "yasvant karnetkar"by they didn't helped me out but confused me a lot.

    sweet rati, Nov 12, 2007
  13. ratika Guest

    On Nov 11, 11:30 pm, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    > "" wrote:
    >
    > > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
    > > tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
    > > in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
    > > out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
    > > c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in
    > > c . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
    > > ilterations.

    > You might start by improving your punctuation and spelling. The
    > shift key exists for a reason. 'u' has not posted here for ages.
    > The first person pronoun is spelled 'I'. 'plz' is totally
    > unknown. m and n are not English words. Mistakes are
    > understandable, but these are deliberate foulups.

    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
    > Try the download section.

    thank you so much fro correcting me I would remember it from next time

    ratika, Nov 12, 2007
  14. sweet rati <> writes:

    > On Nov 11, 11:09 pm, santosh <> wrote:

    <snip>
    >> Post any problems along with source here.

    > I have problem in link list.

    Note "along with source". Posting code here is a bit scary (you might
    get *lots* of comments and some might be rather blunt) but grit your
    teeth and post an example you are having problems with. Even if your
    code is very basic, it helps people here know what sort of help you
    need.

    --
    Ben.

    Ben Bacarisse, Nov 12, 2007
  15. Richard Guest

    sweet rati <> writes:

    > On Nov 11, 11:09 pm, santosh <> wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> <> wrote on
    >> Sunday 11 Nov 2007 10:05 pm:
    >>
    >> > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the tips
    >> > to make myself strong in c language . as i want to be the best in
    >> > whatever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me out in
    >> > improving my c .plz(please) guide me as a teacher . to do my best in c
    >> > language . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c . as
    >> > programming is best when u use less memory space n less iterations.

    >> Practise.
    >>
    >> Post any problems along with source here.
    >>
    >> PS. Do practise your English composition skills too. It'll be even more
    >> important than C in the long run.

    > I have problem in link list . Nowadays they have became night mares to
    > me. i tried a lot to improve my concepts of link list but got no
    > benefit out of that . i m using books "c in depth " and a book by
    > "yasvant karnetkar"by they didn't helped me out but confused me a lot.

    I would suggest using google to find more examples. Read. And re-read.
    It will come to you.

    http://www.vpg.vil.ee/~michael/C_tutorial/lists.html

    Here is a very easy to understand tutorial:

    http://stsdas.stsci.edu/bps/linked_list.html

    If you do not understand this then you might need to rewind and learn
    the C basics from K&R2 or some such.

    Richard, Nov 12, 2007
  16. >>>>> "s" == santosh <> writes:

    s> Barring exceptional cases I can't think of any benefits in
    s> using these abbreviations.

    It marks you as a member of a certain group.

    Ages ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I migrated from BITNET
    RELAY to this newfangled thing called IRC, people used to say hello
    every time their irc server reestablished its network connection.
    This got shortened to 'rehi' and eventually to 're,' and after a
    while, the IRC old timers greeted each other with 're.' Until someone
    somewhere noticed it was going on, and told newcomers that the way to
    say hello on IRC was to say 're,' at which point the old timers
    stopped using it and it became a mark of novices or people trying too
    hard to be cool.

    This is the same sort of thing: someone has misinformed the original
    poster that all the cool people on Usenet speak gibberish, so he's
    trying to mark himself as a cool person. It hampers his communication
    significantly, mais il faut souffrir pour etre belle.

    Charlton

    --
    Charlton Wilbur

    Charlton Wilbur, Nov 12, 2007
  17. Ben Pfaff Guest

    Richard Heathfield <> writes:

    > For what it's worth, when I use SMS, I write in English. When I use IRC
    > (which is very rare nowadays), I write in English. When I contribute to a
    > Web forum, I write in English. I have no idea why others do otherwise.

    My wife teaches middle-school English (children approximately
    ages 11 to 13). A surprising number of students try to turn in
    homework assignments written in SMSese. These students are
    summarily told to rewrite them in English.
    --
    Ben Pfaff
    http://benpfaff.org

    Ben Pfaff, Nov 12, 2007
  18. santosh Guest

    In article <>,
    sweet rati <> wrote on Monday 12 Nov 2007
    7:15 pm:

    > On Nov 11, 10:33 pm, Joe Wright <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > hello friends i ha just started learning c can u all give me the
    >> > tips to make myself strong in c lanuage . as i want to be the best
    >> > in watever i do . so just a request from all of u here plz help me
    >> > out in improving my c .plz guide me as a techer . to do my best in
    >> > c lanuage . i m clear with the concepts i just want to improve in c
    >> > . as programming is best when u use less memory space n less
    >> > ilterations.

    >> First, spell out your words in proper English, capitalize the
    >> personal pronoun, instead of 'u', spell out 'you'. Instead of 'plz'
    >> spell out 'please' please. Turn on the spell checker. We don't know
    >> from 'lanuage' or 'watever' or 'techer'.
    >>
    >> Otherwise, welcome to the comp.lang.c newsgroup.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Joe Wright
    >> "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    >> --- Albert Einstein ---

    One more small point. Snip signatures unless you're commenting on them.
    They are the text that follows the signature delimiter: '-- '.

    > thank you for correcting me where i was wrong . actually i was not
    > aware of this . i came to know about Google newsgroups from my book as
    > newsgroups is one of the topic which is taught to us in our college.

    Actually Usenet existed before the WWW and *much* before Google. It's a
    distributed network of "servers" and their "clients".

    Google, as a part of Google Groups, provides a web based "interface" to
    it's Usenet servers. Now there is nothing inherently wrong with a web
    based interface to Usenet but it has been observed that it encourages
    top-posting and spamming.

    The conventional method to access Usenet before web based interfaces
    became popular, is to use a newsreader program and get a connection
    (free or paid), to a news server.

    Some newsreaders are Thunderbird, KNode, Pan, slrn, tin, trn, Gnus etc.,
    while two free Usenet servers are offered by motzarella.org and
    aioe.org.

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Groups>

    Now coming to your problem, what exactly about linked lists confuses
    you? Is the concept or an implementation? If you are having trouble
    properly implementing a linked list in C then please show us your
    attempt and state your problem in more detail. Copy and Paste the code
    and use spaces instead of tabs for indentation.

    santosh, Nov 12, 2007
  19. (Richard Bos) writes:
    > santosh <> wrote:

    [...]
    >> Many people from the world of SMS, Web forums and Chatrooms are
    >> unfamiliar with the rather high standards of the technical groups on
    >> Usenet.

    > ...and job applications. At his current language skills, I would not
    > even employ the OP to blow the dust out of phone lines, let alone to do
    > a job where he's supposed to communicate with people. Not knowing about
    > correct spelling is one thing; not _caring_ quite another.

    A single posting isn't enough to tell us anything about the OP's
    language skills. Followups show that the OP does have considerably
    better language skills than exhibited in the original post; he/she
    just chose not to use them.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 12, 2007
  20. CBFalconer Guest

    sweet rati wrote:
    > Joe Wright <> wrote:
    >> wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> Otherwise, welcome to the comp.lang.c newsgroup.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Joe Wright
    >> "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    >> --- Albert Einstein ---

    > thank you for correcting me where i was wrong . actually i was not
    > aware of this . i came to know about Google newsgroups from my book as
    > newsgroups is one of the topic which is taught to us in our college.

    Sounds as if you are the same person as cool_ratikagu. Don't
    change your name. It causes more confusion. Do capitalize first
    letters in sentences, and the personal pronoun 'I'. Do snip
    anything in quotes that is not relevant to your reply, which
    especially includes sigs. Sigs are everything following the "-- "
    sig marker.

    CBFalconer, Nov 12, 2007