Very simple AJAX question

Steven

I have an online store catalog. On the page that displays all the category
items (like "Dresses") I have a ListView with an embedded DataPager, and all
this is wrapped with an AJAX UpdatePanel so the whole page doesn't have to
refresh to get the next page of items. Do I have to preload all the images
with client-side script on the initial load of the page, or is the handled
somehow through the UpdatePanel during subsequent async updates? My guess
is I have to load the pictures when the page initially loads....?

if(!IsPostBack && !ScriptManager1.IsInAsyncPostBack)
{
//add client-side script to preload ALL possible pictures for this
category
//of the catalog?
}

Thanks!

Steven

Guest

I have an online store catalog.  On the page that displays all the category
items (like "Dresses") I have a ListView with an embedded DataPager, and all
this is wrapped with an AJAX UpdatePanel so the whole page doesn't have to
refresh to get the next page of items.  Do I have to preload all the images
with client-side script on the initial load of the page, or is the handled
somehow through the UpdatePanel during subsequent async updates?  My guess
is I have to load the pictures when the page initially loads....?

if(!IsPostBack && !ScriptManager1.IsInAsyncPostBack)
{
  //add client-side script to preload ALL possible pictures for this
category
  //of the catalog?

}

Thanks!

Steven

Hi Steven,

it would work without preload. If you have an Image control in
ListView, the UpdatePanel will manage updates.

Steven

Awesome, I'm assuming this would include an image button?
Thanks for your response.