    Thunderbird have normal startup times.

    Does anyone have suggestions on how to speed up Python startup?

    David Lees

    David Lees, Dec 19, 2008

  2. David Lees

    MC Guest

    Hi!

    Perhaps, if you copy DLL in others strategic places, it's better...

    --
    @-salutations

    Michel Claveau

    MC, Dec 19, 2008

  3. David Lees

    David Lees Guest

    Allan wrote:
    > David Lees <> writes:
    >
    >> PythonWin used to startup in a second or two on my Windows XP
    >> desktop. now it takes around 20 seconds. I tried turning off Google
    >> Desktop indexing and Norton AV, but it still takes a long time to
    >> start. Other random apps such as Firefox 3.0 (which I just updated
    >> to) and Thunderbird have normal startup times.

    > What happens if you just open a Python command window; is it much
    > faster? On my computer which is seven years old (HP Pavilion desktop,
    > 512 MB RAM) it takes less than ten seconds for PythonWin to open. You
    > might try reinstalling PythonWin.

    I just uninstalled all copies of Python from my system(2.5, 2.6 and
    3.0), along with their corresponding PythonWin. Then I downloaded and
    installed Python 2.6.1 and PythonWin build 212. Now Python starts up
    nearly instantly. Thanks for the suggestion.

    David

    David Lees, Dec 19, 2008