Very small c++ program needed (will pay $)

Ric Nicholls

I'm looking for a small program (under 100 lines I believe.) I have all the
specs and absolutely no time to spend on it. I'm thinking of paying $10
CDN - $20 CDN (I'll pay through PayPal and best offer will get the job.
I've been told the project would take someone 30 min. at the most (except
for me... I'm out of practice.)

The only thing is, I need it for tomorrow (July 17th.) I'm currently
working on a VB project that has run over its deadline.

e-mail me at (e-mail address removed) to the specs. It's a small program
that has to do with Classes.
(remove the NOSPAM from my e-mail address.)

Greg Schmidt

I'm looking for a small program (under 100 lines I believe.)

Don't the "industry standards" say that the average programmer turns out
something like 10 lines of debugged code per day? So this is a job for
about 2 weeks then. Heck, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and
assume that the 100 lines includes stuff like #includes, lines with just
a { or }, etc. so it's really more like 50 true lines of code. Only one
week then.
I have all the
specs and absolutely no time to spend on it. I'm thinking of paying $10
CDN - $20 CDN (I'll pay through PayPal and best offer will get the job.
I've been told the project would take someone 30 min. at the most (except
for me... I'm out of practice.)

It would probably take more than 30 min to properly understand the task.
Another more than 30 minutes to rough out the class structure. At this
point I'd be ready to provide you with an estimate of how long the
project will take.
The only thing is, I need it for tomorrow (July 17th.) I'm currently
working on a VB project that has run over its deadline.

Oh, it's a VB project. So this probably isn't even a program you need,
it's more likely a DLL or an ActiveX control. More time added on...
e-mail me at (e-mail address removed) to the specs. It's a small program
that has to do with Classes.
(remove the NOSPAM from my e-mail address.)

Are there really programmers out there who need $20 that badly? My time
would be better spent begging for change on the corner.