Very strange behavior. Please help.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Barry, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Barry

    Barry Guest

    I have a page with several embedded user controls in a Repeater that are
    set to visible dynamically. This give me a simple drill-down. I'm having
    problems with the speed with which the page renders.

    When I monitor the database, I can see when the data access has
    completed, but the page can take up to an additional minute to render
    after the data is acquired.

    Here comes the weird part. I've discovered that after the data access is
    done, if I move the mouse anywhere within the browser, the page renders
    immediately. If I don't touch anything, it takes a long time to render.
    This is all within my development box, not connected to a seperate box.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA,
    Barry

    Barry, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Well, I'm not sure why, but when I turn off SmartNavigation, this
    behavior goes away.

    Barry, Nov 4, 2003

  3. "Barry" <barrygilbertusaATyahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Well, I'm not sure why, but when I turn off SmartNavigation, this
    > behavior goes away.

    SmartNavigation is known to be buggy.
    --
    John