Very strange J2ME problem - PLEASE, PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Java' started by cpptutor2000@yahoo.com, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Could some Java guru please help me ? I am trying to create a simple
    J2ME audio application. I am using the following parameters:
    encoding : pcm
    rate : 16000
    bits : 16
    endian : little
    channels : 1
    signed : signed

    The data is collected into a ByteArrayInputStream, and when recording
    stops, the contents are transferred to a byte array.

    If I examine the contents of the byte array (before any processing of
    the data), I find a few large numbers at the start, followed by a huge
    sequence of zeros, before I see any non-zero bytes. In addition, each
    of the non-zero bytes have a zero byte in between.

    I am using a software tone generator with frequency set at 500.0 Hz. I
    start the tone generator before I start the J2ME application. I am
    using Sun's WTK 2.2.

    Any hints or suggestions would be extremely helpful, as I am fairly
    clueless as to what the problem might be. Thanks in advance for your
    help.

    , Apr 23, 2008

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:14:04 -0700 (PDT), ""
    who said :

    > In addition, each
    >of the non-zero bytes have a zero byte in between.

    These are usually 16 bit quantities of 8 bit values.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Apr 23, 2008