Very Strange!!

Gene Daniel

I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and returns
the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%>
to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is generated
has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes. Before
the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and everything
looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are missing.
I take a look at the HTML source from the browser and where the iframe tag
is supposed to be I have a bunch of spaces (approximately the length of the
original iframe tag) and then the closing tag (</iframe>). All the rest of
the HTML is there. There are other areas in the web application that do this
very same thing (two iframes on a page) and they work fine. Why would only
the iframe tags be replaced with spaces? Please HELP!!! Thanks!!

- Gene

Andrew Thompson

I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and returns
the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page
URL?

...that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%>
to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is generated
has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes. Before
the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and everything
looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are missing.
...Why would only
the iframe tags be replaced with spaces? Please HELP!!! Thanks!!

<wild guess>
Installed SP 2 in your IE recently? Installed any tool in your
browser that aims to block pop-up ads, or ads in general?
</wild guess>

Gene Daniel

Andrew,

Thanks for responding so quickly...

Andrew Thompson said:

Wouldn't do you any good. It's on an Intranet.
<wild guess>
Installed SP 2 in your IE recently? Installed any tool in your
browser that aims to block pop-up ads, or ads in general?
</wild guess>

Installed SP2 but long ago. This is not a popup it's an iframe. Don't feel
bad
I've been "wild guessing" for two days now!!!

Dilton McGowan II

Andrew Thompson said:

Wouldn't do you any good. It's on an Intranet.
<wild guess>
Installed SP 2 in your IE recently? Installed any tool in your
browser that aims to block pop-up ads, or ads in general?
</wild guess>

Installed SP2 but long ago. This is not a popup it's an iframe. Don't feel
bad
I've been "wild guessing" for two days now!!!

Install FireFox or Netscape 8 recently? They can cause issues with one or
more of Microsoft's rendering libraries. Sorry I've not found a fix for this
yet, if that's it.