Very unusual re-direction problem

Rasika WIJAYARATNE

Hello everyone,

We have a forum system on our website. The main web application is
running in a virutal directory called /t7 and the forum system is on /
t7/forums/. When someone wants to post any messages to the forum it re-
directs them to a login and signup page which is kept in a different
directory i.e. /t7/users/. But somewhere along the line, I believe
after the users has been re-directed to the login and sign-up page (/
t7/users/login_reg.aspx), the following string of errors occur:

(ERROR 1 - This is the login and new sign-up page which is actually
located at /t7/users/login_reg.aspx)
System.Web.HttpException: The file '/t7/forums/t7/users/
login_reg.aspx' does not exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean
allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath
virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
noAssert)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext
context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
physicalPath)
at
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

(ERROR 2 - This is the standard error page which is actually located
at /t7/errors.aspx)
System.Web.HttpException: The file '/t7/users/t7/error.aspx' does not
exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
(CHOPPED - same as ERROR 1 stack trace)

(ERROR 3 - Again the login and new sign-ups page actually located at /
t7/users/login_reg.aspx)
System.Web.HttpException: The file '/t7/forums/t7/users/
login_reg.aspx' does not exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
(CHOPPED - same as ERROR 1 stack trace)

(ERROR 4 - This is the form used for posting new messages to the forum
actually located at /t7/fourms/messages.aspx)
Error: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/t7/users/messages.aspx'
does not exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
(CHOPPED - same as ERROR 1 stack trace)

(ERROR 5 - Again the standard error page which is actually located at /
t7/errors.aspx)
System.Web.HttpException: The file '/t7/users/t7/error.aspx' does not
exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)

This is from the application logs and is of users who have attempted
to either login or sign-up or have wanted to cancel out of this
process and go back to the forum from /t7/users/login_reg.aspx to /t7/
forums/default.aspx. Notice how the virtual directory is apended twice
(/t7/users/t7/...) on the urls that cannot be found.

I however am not able to re-produce this which is the most unusual
thing of all. If you like please feel free to go to the forum and post
test messages, which I can remove later, if it helps to pin-point the
problem.

http://vihara.org.au/t7/forums/default.aspx

This would be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,