Very Urgent Component failed

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Anurag Saxena, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. If someone can solve this problem,I am using ASP3.0 and IIS on windows
    2000 server
    The complete Error is

    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

    Server.CreateObject Failed

    /onesource_local/defects.asp, line 41

    Invalid class string

    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    On line 41 in defects.asp following is written
    set dQ = server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")

    also dQ is declared and File scrrun.dll is registerd and placed in
    C:\winNT\System32

    On other PCs where also IIS installed with 2000 and xp,When I run this
    code then it is running perfectly fine and if I unregister scrrun.dll
    using regsvr32 on that PCs then above error comes,then I register it
    again,then It is running fine,so as per my thinking this will be one
    reason but on client PC where 2000 server is installed,It gives error
    even if scrrun.dll is present and registered

    If somebody has any solution pl. give it,This is very urgent.
    Anurag Saxena

    Anurag Saxena, Jun 4, 2004

  2. SCRRUN.DLL needs to be registered on the server, not on the client machine.
    Could you check to see if the DLL has been registered on the server? I still
    think it is the non-registeration of this DLL on the server that's causing
    this problem.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire