VERY Urgent Direct Client Needs : Java UI developer role in TX.

sarah Fernandes

Hi,

Please let me know if you would be interested. Call on 732-372-7051
or email your resume on (e-mail address removed)
Only candidates living in US and having valid work authorization can
apply.

Location : Dallas, TX
Duration : 1 year
Rate : $ 45 per hour corp-corp

Experience/skills – Required:
1. JSF
2. Richfaces
3. ExtJs
4. Good in Java Scripting
5. Good in Java

Experience/skills – Desired:
• Web services modeling and XML (i.e. knowledge of WSDL, XSD)

Kindly refer some of your friends with the same skill. Your help would
be appreciated.
Please let me know if you would be interested. Call on 732-372-7051
or email your resume on (e-mail address removed)
Thanks,
Sarah

Daniele Futtorovic

Please let me know if you would be interested. Call on 732-372-7051
or email your resume on (e-mail address removed)
Thanks,
Sarah

Could anyone suggest a good spam service where to register this
obnoxious git's email address?

Lew

Could anyone suggest a good spam service where to register this
obnoxious git's email address?

Just talk to Sarah directly, right? She's given out her contact
information, so she must want to hear from you.

Daniele Futtorovic

Just talk to Sarah directly, right? She's given out her contact
information, so she must want to hear from you.

I'm afraid the feeling isn't reciprocal.

Daniele Futtorovic

But then you could tell her exactly what you think of her spamming
ways!

Heh. Well, Nietzsche once ended one of Zarathustra's speeches thus:
"Where love is lost, one ought to pass by" (approximate translation).
I think I'll take him up on that offer.

Besides, as potent as I might be when it comes to enlightening idiots
(which is to say, not all that spectacularly), I feel hopelessly
overwhelmed, dwarfed, yea, humbled by a system that is churning out
hundreds of that ilk by the minute.

;)

Daniele Futtorovic

I don't believe all recruiters are idiots, but the ones I've personally
interacted with are beyond help.

I wasn't implying they all were; although at the same time, I can relate
to your experience and do think one can reasonably ask why a sensible
and competent person would ever want to become a meat broker.

Still, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the general effort towards
making us and our peers a more malleable and less indispensable part of
the workforce should have corollaries in the recruiting sector; and
that, at the same time, those recruiters who display what we
old-fashionedly might refer to as unprofessionalism or lack of etiquette
should be the ones we encounter disproportionately often, for instance
when they spam pitiful, badly written "job offerings" on a public forum
such as this.

As such, without any necessary prejudice towards any specific individual
or even the profession itself, I would regard efforts against that trend
as efforts against the establishment of a new (sub-) standard.

Lew

I don't believe all recruiters are idiots, but the ones I've personally
interacted with are beyond help.

I've gotten all my jobs for the last fifteen years through recruiters. You
just have to work with good ones.

I quit a job six years ago because the recruiting firm suddenly turned into a
bunch of jerks. I went with other, better recruiting firms and I've been
working steadily since.

You just have to avoid the "sarah"s of the world.

Arne Vajhøj

I've gotten all my jobs for the last fifteen years through recruiters.
You just have to work with good ones.

I quit a job six years ago because the recruiting firm suddenly turned
into a bunch of jerks. I went with other, better recruiting firms and
I've been working steadily since.

You just have to avoid the "sarah"s of the world.

I agree that there are good recruiters, but the average
in that profession is not so good.

Arne

Daniel Pitts

I agree that there are good recruiters, but the average
in that profession is not so good.
You can say that about nearly any profession.

Why seek average when at least 49% are above average ;-)

Lew

Daniel said:
You can say that about nearly any profession.

Why seek average when at least 49% are above average ;-)

Cute. But the serious point is that if the average is below average, then the
hunt for above average is more costly. If the average is above average, then
on the average you'll do well with them. So depending on where the average
is, your acceptance criterion and the difficulty to achieve it will vary.

I'm fortunate to work in an area with a lot of recruiters and to have a decent
resume. The competition for a decent product improves my chances of finding
an above-average recruiter with a modicum of effort.

Plus, as with doctors, you do not abdicate responsibility for the results just
because you've consulted a professional.

Arne Vajhøj

You can say that about nearly any profession.

Why seek average when at least 49% are above average ;-)

50% minus 1 is above median.

50% minus 1 is above average if it is a symmetrical distribution.

But in this case it probably is close to a normal distribution
(symmetrical9.

My point was more that the average is way below what I consider
minimum.

And even though software engineering also have its less
blessed people, then I truly think that recruiting business
is worse off.

Arne