Very Urgent - Please suggest me a solution

settyv

Hi,

Please help me how can i call the below function on click of datagrid
hyperlink column.

public MemoryStream GetMinuteOrderPdf(SearchParams sp)
{
DMS dms = new DMS();

sp.IsMinuteOrder = true;

return dms.getDocument(sp);//it returns the PDF memory stream
}

ASPX code:

<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Minute Order" >
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:HyperLink
NavigateUrl=<%#GetMinuteOrderPdf(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Minute
Order"))%> ></asp:HyperLink>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

Please help me how can i call this function.Is there any way to do
this?

Thanks,
Vishnu

Guest

You can't do it from a hyperlink column as that does not create the event. If
you MUST use a hyperlink column, then call a new page (or pass a querystring
parameter to this page) and call the function from that.

You would normally use a linkbutton or button to cause an event, then in
that event, generate your PDF.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave Colliver.
http://www.AshfieldFOCUS.com
~~
http://www.FOCUSPortals.com - Portal franchises available

settyv

Thanks for your suggestion.So you meant to say that the below code will
work assuming that i declared linkbutton in the datagrid control:

protected void grdMinSearch_ItemDataBound(object sender,
DataGridItemEventArgs
e)
{
if (e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType ==
ListItemType.AlternatingItem)
{
LinkButton btn = e.Item.FindControl("linkView") as
LinkButton;
Minute Min=new Minute();

e.Item.Attributes["onclick"] =
Min.GetMinuteOrderPdf(SearchParams sp);

btn.Style[HtmlTextWriterStyle.Display] = "none";

Please comment on this.

Thanks,
Vishnu

David

Hi,

I can't see anything wrong with that, though there may be some others with
more experience than me that might be able to see any potential issues.

Best regards,
Dave Colliver.
http://www.BracknellFOCUS.com
~~