Very wierd ASP.NET and SSL problem.. IE goes gray

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Flores Eken, Dec 25, 2003.

  1. Flores Eken

    Flores Eken Guest

    Hi group,

    I've made my own implementation of the Time Tracker ASP.NET
    starterkit, added several features and extra's, works like a charm.
    Now i've uploaded it to my hosting account, to be able to share it
    with my co-workers, so far no problem... still works like a charm.
    Until I tried to access the application over HTTPS (SSL).. logon works
    great, main form is displayed and everything looks good, until a
    button is pressed that performs a postback.. the IE screen goes gray
    and displys:

    <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
    value="dDwxOTM3NDcwNDc4O3Q8O2w8aTwxPjs+O2w8dDw7bDxpPDE etc etc etc
    etc

    very wierd huh ? ofcourse I tried this from several internet
    connections with the same result. Must be the server was my
    conclusion, BUT.. if I use my provider's wwwproxy it works like
    expected ??!?! yes also with SSL !!

    I'm lost, and can't find any post discribing the same problem...

    Anybody ?

    Regards,

    Flores Eken
    Flores Eken, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Flores Eken

    Flores Eken Guest

    I'm a little closer to the solution.. with the mozilla browser there
    is no problem, so it seems like a IE bug or misconfiguration.

    Digging futher...
    Flores Eken, Dec 26, 2003