    good reference book for it though. Anyone have a favorite?

    --

    Rick
    rickman, Feb 2, 2013

  2. MK <> writes:

    > On 02/02/2013 00:59, rickman wrote:
    >> I am using VHDL-2008 and I like it, I like it a lot! I don't have a
    >> good reference book for it though. Anyone have a favorite?
    >>

    > I'm quite happy with:
    >
    > VHDL-2008 Just the new Stuff Peter Ashenden and Jim Lewis
    > ISBN 978-0-12-374249-0

    Seconded

    > (Don't know if it's the best 'coz it's the only one I have !)

    Ditto :)

    Martin

    http://www.conekt.co.uk/capabilities/39-electronic-hardware
    Martin Thompson, Feb 4, 2013

  3. rickman

    Reuven Guest

    On Friday, February 1, 2013 4:59:03 PM UTC-8, rickman wrote:
    > I am using VHDL-2008 and I like it, I like it a lot! I don't have a
    >
    > good reference book for it though. Anyone have a favorite?
    >

    > --
    >

    > Rick

    I also like Dr. Ashenden's Designer's guide to VHDL the 3rd edition.
    Reuven, Feb 27, 2013
  4. rickman

    Andy Guest

    On Friday, February 1, 2013 6:59:03 PM UTC-6, rickman wrote:
    > I am using VHDL-2008 and I like it, I like it a lot! I don't have a good reference book for it though. Anyone have a favorite? -- Rick

    Jim Lewis of synthworks.com has a free downloadable presentation on the changes for the 2008 stuff. That, coupled with the 2008 LRM, is what I use (along with the tools' user guides' sections on supported 2008 features.)

    Andy
    Andy, Feb 28, 2013
  5. You can use J Bhaskar..
    Ramkrishna Mishra, Feb 28, 2013
  6. rickman

    Guest

    I use Synplify so I just refer to the "VHDL 2008 Support" section of the Synplify reference manual. They show examples of every 2008 feature that's synthesizable.
    , Feb 28, 2013
  7. rickman

    rickman Guest

    On 2/28/2013 10:36 AM, Andy wrote:
    > On Friday, February 1, 2013 6:59:03 PM UTC-6, rickman wrote:
    >> I am using VHDL-2008 and I like it, I like it a lot! I don't have a good reference book for it though. Anyone have a favorite? -- Rick

    > Jim Lewis of synthworks.com has a free downloadable presentation on the changes for the 2008 stuff. That, coupled with the 2008 LRM, is what I use (along with the tools' user guides' sections on supported 2008 features.)

    Yes, I have this and it is great. But it is a presentation and short on
    details. Still, much, much better than nothing.

    --

    Rick
    rickman, Feb 28, 2013