VHDL-200x-FT Place&Route problem in Quartus II

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Divyang M, May 26, 2005.

  1. Divyang M

    Divyang M Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to use the new fixed point package by David Bishop but am
    having trouble doing place & route in Quartus II v4.2 SP1.

    I have 1 design file (.vhd) and because Quartus doesn't have the new
    fixed package and math_real libraries yet, I include the following
    files with in my project file
    - fixed_pkg_c.vhd
    - math_real.vhd (downloaded from VHDL 200x site)
    - math_real_body.vhd (downloaded from VHDL 200x site)

    The synthesis goes fine but I get this error during the fitter stage..

    Internal Error: Sub-system: DYGR, File:
    dygr_route_timing_info_body.cpp, Line: 1221
    full_load_index < m_num_loads
    Quartus II Version 4.2 Build 178 01/19/2005 SJ Full Version
    Service Pack Installed: 1

    Has anyone tried to use these libraries in Quartus successfully and can
    anyone help me with this?

    Thanks,
    Divyang M

    Divyang M, May 26, 2005

  2. Divyang M

    Divyang M Guest

    I used to be able to go through the whole Place & Route fine with the
    older version of the fixed_pkg dated 2004-11-08

    --Divyang M

    Divyang M, May 26, 2005

  3. Divyang M

    Divyang M Guest

    It's fixed...there was something wrong in the Quartus settings! :)

    --Divyang M

    Divyang M, May 26, 2005