VHDL-200x-FT Place&Route problem in Quartus II

Divyang M

Hi,

I am trying to use the new fixed point package by David Bishop but am
having trouble doing place & route in Quartus II v4.2 SP1.

I have 1 design file (.vhd) and because Quartus doesn't have the new
fixed package and math_real libraries yet, I include the following
files with in my project file
- fixed_pkg_c.vhd
- math_real.vhd (downloaded from VHDL 200x site)
- math_real_body.vhd (downloaded from VHDL 200x site)

The synthesis goes fine but I get this error during the fitter stage..

Internal Error: Sub-system: DYGR, File:
dygr_route_timing_info_body.cpp, Line: 1221
full_load_index < m_num_loads
Quartus II Version 4.2 Build 178 01/19/2005 SJ Full Version
Service Pack Installed: 1

Has anyone tried to use these libraries in Quartus successfully and can
anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Divyang M

Divyang M

I used to be able to go through the whole Place & Route fine with the
older version of the fixed_pkg dated 2004-11-08

--Divyang M