    converter (for 32 time slots)in FPGA.
    Thanx in Advance.
    Anupam
    anupam, Sep 3, 2004

  2. anupam wrote:

    > Hi,
    > can any body tell me that how the crc32 is calculated for ethernet frames
    > and which byte is transmitted first . I am designing ethernet to pcm
    > converter (for 32 time slots)in FPGA.

    LSB of the first byte is first on the line.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vhdl crc ethernet bit order

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Sep 3, 2004

  3. anupam

    anupam Guest

    Hi Mike
    First byte means , first byte from left or first byte from right.
    Regards
    anupam
    anupam, Sep 6, 2004
  4. On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:38:40 -0400, "anupam" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Mike
    >First byte means , first byte from left or first byte from right.

    Bit and Byte order for Ethernet is well defined in the IEEE 802.3
    standard.

    It can be downloaded for free:
    http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/portfolio.html

    Regards,
    Allan
    Allan Herriman, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Allan Herriman <> writes:

    > On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:38:40 -0400, "anupam" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Mike
    >>First byte means , first byte from left or first byte from right.

    > Bit and Byte order for Ethernet is well defined in the IEEE 802.3
    > standard.

    To be more direct:

    +------------+------------+----+------//------+--------+
    | DMAC | SMAC | T/L| DATA | FCS |
    +------------+------------+----+------//------+--------+

    Increasing time ---->

    The first byte of the Destination MAC Address (DMAC) is the most
    significant byte (bits 47 downto 40), and least significant bit (ie
    bit 40) first. I presume this is why bit 40 is the multicast bit in
    the address.

    Note that the FCS is actually transmitted in a different order.
    As Allan wrote, look the in the IEEE standard.

    Regards,

    Kai
    Kai Harrekilde-Petersen, Sep 6, 2004