VHDL code for multiplier

chi_rulez

Need help for writing VHDL code for a generic multiplier..Help for Booth
and Wallace tree is also looked forward

Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Need help for writing VHDL code for a generic multiplier. 2's compliment multiplier & array multiplier.Help for Booth
and Wallace tree is also looked forward[/QUOTE]

Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
vhdl code on 6*6 booth multiplier

pgparate said:
Need help for writing VHDL code for a generic multiplier. 2's compliment multiplier & array multiplier.Help for Booth
and Wallace tree is also looked forward
[/QUOTE]

Joined
Oct 17, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Generic VHDL Wallace Tree Multiplier

You can find a generic implementation of a wallace tree multiplier here: Generic VHDL Wallace Tree Multiplier

This implementation uses a small set of recursive functions to identify the number of applicable bits at a given layer. The main code then maximizes the number of 3:2 compressors (full adders) followed by 2:2 compressors (half adders) and then wires.

The final partial sums are fed into a generic Brent-Kung adder (a type of carry tree adder like other carry look-ahead adders including the Kogge-Stone adder).

Hope that helps!

VHDLCoder

Hao

Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Dear VHDLCoder,

Hope this message finds you well..
I am learning how to code a wallace tree multipler and trying to find some resource for my start. You message on the design sounds very interesting but it seems your link on the generic VHDL wallace tree multiplier is not accessiable.

Could you please post your design here, or send to my email (e-mail address removed) ?

Thanks
Hao