    some for C/C++, but not many for VHDL language.

    Thanks,

    Khanh

    khanh, Oct 31, 2006

  2. khanh

    john Doef Guest

    khanh a écrit :

    > Anybody know a good cross reference software for VHDL ? I have found
    > some for C/C++, but not many for VHDL language.

    I don't know what you mean exactly by 'good cross reference software',
    but the free ghdl tool
    has a cross reference feature.
    See ghdl.free.fr and http://ghdl.free.fr/dlx/dlx_test_behaviour.28.html
    for an example.

    JD.

    john Doef, Nov 2, 2006

  3. khanh

    khanh Guest

    john Doef wrote:
    > khanh a écrit :
    >
    > > Anybody know a good cross reference software for VHDL ? I have found
    > > some for C/C++, but not many for VHDL language.

    > I don't know what you mean exactly by 'good cross reference software',
    > but the free ghdl tool
    > has a cross reference feature.
    > See ghdl.free.fr and http://ghdl.free.fr/dlx/dlx_test_behaviour.28.html
    > for an example.
    >
    > JD.

    What I mean is some software tools, which allows me to view the tree
    structure of my VHDL source codes e.g. linkage between top-blocks,
    sub-blocks, packages and so forth.

    Thanks,

    Khanh

    khanh, Nov 6, 2006
  4. khanh

    wallge Guest

    emacs with the LISP vhdl-mode plugin will (kind-of) do this
    plus emacs with the plugin is the best VHDL editor in my opinion...

    wallge, Nov 8, 2006